Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should weak flash KDs be awarded a 10-8 round?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should weak flash KDs be awarded a 10-8 round?

Its strange how a guy can practically slip initiated by a punch and lose the round 10-8, when he wasnt hurt in the slightest

Then you get a boxer who gets rocked and takes heavy punishment for most of the round and only loses 10-9.

Does a guy falling down not hurt deserve more than a guy whos seriously hurt but still on his feet?
    Seems like a flaw in the scoring system IMO

If u bust a nut in 3 secs, can she still get preggo?

Comment

Boxing is subjective enough as it is. I mean what one man's bad knock down is another mans weak knockdown.

If the glove touches the mat from someone on the receiving end of a punch isn't ruled a slip, it is a knockdown. If you don't want to be down 10 - 8 then keep your feet in a stable position and try not to go down from a punch.

HOWEVER:

Scoring points for aggression??

Controlling the ring?

More effective punches???

No wonder we can't work out who won Canelo GGG.

Seriously, boxing needs to update the rules and better score punches landed (not blocked on the gloves) and take the human scoring factor away. This isn't Olympic diving with points for style, how good your splash was etc.

Turn this **** into a real sport.

Get rid of the governing bodies and go back to one belt.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
        Its strange how a guy can practically slip initiated by a punch and lose the round 10-8, when he wasnt hurt in the slightest

Then you get a boxer who gets rocked and takes heavy punishment for most of the round and only loses 10-9.

Does a guy falling down not hurt deserve more than a guy whos seriously hurt but still on his feet?
        Yea don't make sense I agree.

I standby there being a lot of flaws in the scoring system.

I think the biggest one is like the 2nd part of what you said above where the guy takes punishment & gets hurt without getting dropped & its still a 10-9 round. I've been saying for awhile now I think there should be 10-8 scoring for a clearly won round like in your example & a close round should be 10-9.

And then you add in KD's as you usually would or in some new way to correct the flaw with legit KD's & less legit KD's.

I've played around with that scoring system in controversial & close fights & there is a higher percentage of fights that go towards the way most fans & pundits saw a fight go then with the current method of scoring. I'd argue everyone feels & sees that edge in a fight, that isn't being scored, & in their mind score fights based on guys winning more rounds clearly vs the guy winning more rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Tankdestroyer View Post
          If u bust a nut in 3 secs, can she still get preggo?
          I can confirm that she can.

Comment

If the ref was correct and it was really a knock down due to a punch and not just because the boxer lost his balance I score the round 10-8 for the guy scoring the knock down. If I think the referee was wrong to call being off balance or being pushed down a knock down then I ignore the wrong call and score the round as if the knock down never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
              I can confirm that she can.
              Damn man 3 seconds??? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit.

Comment

A good recent example was Golovkin/Jacobs KD. There was a punch, a slip, and a push. Jacobs went down. In many people's eyes, it was the difference in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  A good recent example was Golovkin/Jacobs KD. There was a punch, a slip, and a push. Jacobs went down. In many people's eyes, it was the difference in the fight.
                  I dont think that was a flash KD, Jacobs was Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post

I don't think judges award enough 10-8s for dominant rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X