Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Jr. fighting Lee, should Sergio fight Vanes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think I could care less about a boxer than I do about this Vanes guy.

Maybe Danny Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      When he was 19 though. Come on.
      He's fighting Cotto's brother, not Cotto himself. Cotto's brother.

He was 19 and 10 months, while being a pro for 5 years.

Mayweather was 20 when he fought Hernandez with only 2 years of pro experience.

How old was Tyson when he became champion? And the list goes on.

This age thing with Canelo is really overrated.

Comment

Vanes and Canelo are similar, but this next Mosley fight (As old as mosley is....) is better than what Vanes has...so Canelo is a "step up" in the sense Canelo has been in with better fighters..I guess lol.

Martinez should fight someone at 154, Kirkland, vanes, anybody. Even Lara, but Lara might be too risky when he's seemingly this close to landing a big-ish fight. What's interesting to see is what the loser of Mayweather-Cotto will do. Martinez may be able to entice the loser into a fight at the very least, especially if Cotto wants to stay relevant and he's the one who loses.

I'd prefer Martinez vs Cotto-Mayweather winner OR loser than Chavez Jr. The thing about 160 is that there's not a lot to win... Sure, you beat people that everybody knows you can beat anyway....might as well make it a higher profile opponent and stay in the better division of 54, right? That's how I see it. Stay busy with some random guy, and start negotiating ahead of time with the winner/loser of Cotto-mayweather and have chavez jr to fall back on. But nope...they're putting their eggs in the Chavez Jr - Arum Troll basket.. smh

Comment

All Vanes has done nothing but protect an undefeated record. Doesn't even fight a decent contender to bring attention to himself

Comment

lol. I've gone through the thread and I agree with everything negative said about Vanes.

But I also haven't heard an alternative. I think I read a bum from Argentina.

Are there any fighters that are free for Sergio?

Not named Golovkin.

Comment

Sergio only fights every 5-7 months, so when would he be fighting??? He fought in March, and than September is 6 months away, right on schedule for him. I can't see Sergio fighting 3 fights in 6 months time.

He just needs to kick back and relax, fight the Chavez-Lee winner, and than pursure Floyd for the first half of 2013. That's what I'd do if I was him. And if he can't secure Floyd, fight the winner of the Pirog-Geale fight.

Vanes should actually fight a contender, someone like Delvin Rodriguez would be a great fight. They can make that fight for July 14th, the same card as Marquez-Rios-Donaire in Cowboy Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                Maybe he's on the level of Barker since he hasn't fought no one either. But, deffinetly a level below Macklin. At least Macklin is somewhat proven.

What is Vanes? Macklin goes life and death with Sturm...Vanes goes life and death with Saul Roman. Vanes needs a gift decision it could be considered a robbery in order to get the W over a shot to pieces Kassim Ouma. What has he done? And, he has had opportunities to prove his worth. But, he goes and turns it down like the Angulo fight.
                This man speaks truth.

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Vanes has struggled against weak comp and been dropped. Sergio is beating undefeated guys who have never been down in their careers and guys that have beaten champions but gotten robbed.

I say Dzinziruk beats Vanes, they are both 154 guys, make it happen. Both Macklin and Barker stop Vanes, fairly easily imo.

Vanes is slick but he has little pop and bad balance, plus I think he gets carried by the judges who seem to give him points when I don't see much going on at times.
                Vanes is a less talented, less skilled, more flawed version of Khan and Linares. Oh Freddie lol

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                lol. I've gone through the thread and I agree with everything negative said about Vanes.

But I also haven't heard an alternative. I think I read a bum from Argentina.

Are there any fighters that are free for Sergio?

Not named Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  This man speaks truth.

Vanes is a less talented, less skilled, more flawed version of Khan and Linares. Oh Freddie lol

Golovkin is my first choice. But you know Dibella and Sergio will never even say his name.

He's like the Voldemort of the middleweight division.

Comment

Working...
                  X