Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 01-06-2020, 09:37 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 9760 Post(s)
GhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,663.18
Total Points: 332,905.89
Top Rated Poster - ironmt Here Is to another great post - ironmt For calling it like it is - 1bad65 Great comment, sir. - Tony Trick-Pony Great points, man - Tony Trick-Pony 
:lol1: - Szef Well said, man - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, man! - Tony Trick-Pony Great memes. - Santa_ Respect Due. - travestyny 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 
Default Ricky Gervais tells Hollywood to “f*** off” in expletive-filled Golden Globes monolog

Ricky sticking it to them Hollywood [email protected]

Once again, Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais did not shy away from hot-button topics in his monologue, even as he told the stars attending on Sunday not to elongate their acceptance speeches by referring to contentious current events.

At the top of the annual ceremony at the Beverly Hilton, Gervais ended his monologue by telling the nominees: “So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a political platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything, you know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So, if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your God and **** off. OK?”

Gervais’ swear word was bleeped out on NBC. He was also bleeped for his use of profanity in two other jokes: one where he called Cats’ James Corden a “fat *****” and another where he discussed the same film’s Judi Dench “licking her ass.”

The comedian, however, also peppered the monologue with references to #MeToo and contemporary issues. He started off by noting that it was his fifth time hosting, and therefore he didn’t care what flak he would take. Then he punched in with a nod to last year’s college admissions scandal: “I came here in a limo tonight and the license plate was made by Felicity Huffman,” he said, referring to the actress’ prison sentence.

Gervais noted that top film executives present at the ceremony may have come from different companies, "but they all have one thing in common: They're all terrified of Ronan Farrow. He's coming for you, he's coming for you."

At another point, the host noted that the Golden Globes was an old-fashioned awards show, and asserted the ceremony should just thank Netflix and get on with it. Gervais pointed out he has a show on Netflix, Afterlife, about a man considering committing suicide after his wife dies. "Spoiler alert, there's a season two, so in the end, he didn't kill himself. Just like Jeffrey Epstein. Sorry, I know he's your friend," Gervais joked to the A-list audience.

Epstein came up again when Gervais took aim at Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: "Leonardo DiCaprio attended the premiere and by the end, his date was too old for him. Even Prince Andrew was like, 'C'mon, mate.'" (Gervais was referring to allegations that Epstein's former friend Prince Andrew sexually assaulted a girl trafficked by Epstein.)

While discussing the addition of Apple TV+ to the room, Gervais noted the irony of a #MeToo-themed show like The Morning Show being "made by a company who runs sweatshops in China. You say you're woke, but … if ISIS started a streaming service you'd call your agent."

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
GhostofDempsey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:40 PM #2
Broken, Beat, Scarred

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
MELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,638.48
Total Points: 27,118.57
Cheers mate I made it to 100 replies, thanks for posting... - D E M Dz A Back to another qulity poster :-) - deanrw Thanks for the rundown on the Bute, Andrade fight. - ABOSWORTH 7k partayyyyyy!!!!!! - R!ZO Here's a sex on the beach to celebrate 7K posts! - Chunk 
Congrats, brother!  7K. - Bendigo Let me buy you a coffee Mel! - danc1984 here you go you little trick - KingArthur Vanes Martirosyan KO1 P-Will and Margarito - KOTheFat 8K Posts - Welter_Skelter 
For when you get older and you can't keep up with all them hos anymore.LOL  Happy 8K buddy! - ABOSWORTH Congrats On The 8k Posts - MindBat 8k posts! - Equilibrium 8k posts bro! - danc1984 8,000 quality contributions, son. - The_Bringer 
8k strong! - riz ! oh ? Yo Mel have a drink on me homey - mangler thanks mel! - Makavelli Been here, for a while, and never really told you how good a poster you are. - ADDICT Have some of that and make the broad happy!!! - Jedi Vader 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Melly-Mel Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZO AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - !! AI-Holmes!! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Lol, funny stuff.
MELLY-MEL... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:56 PM #3
the lizard of ahs

Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
phallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,355.59
Total Points: 45,023.93
Hermano de leche.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Rimjob All-Star Team - DWiens421 have a drink on me bro. - Melly-Mel Big,thick, black cock in the ass - Mizzou To my long lost brother. - Round 1 
No Message - Dick Valentine Here homey. You need some food - mangler Here's a gift hermano.. - !! AI-Holmes!! top notch poster - BostonGuy eat some cake hermano.. - Round 1 
Happy Holidays phallus.. - !! AI-Holmes!! here's a leftover slice, enjoy! Brooklyn Pizza son!!! - -jose- You know what's up. Real recognize real. #respect - Just Now Hit Me No Message - -jose- hnnng, I bet it tastes as sweet as this slush - Santa_ 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - _PlaT_NuM_ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - mangler jr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mangler Jewnior 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
Ricky sticking it to them Hollywood [email protected]

Once again, Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais did not shy away from hot-button topics in his monologue, even as he told the stars attending on Sunday not to elongate their acceptance speeches by referring to contentious current events.

At the top of the annual ceremony at the Beverly Hilton, Gervais ended his monologue by telling the nominees: “So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a political platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything, you know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So, if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your God and **** off. OK?”

Gervais’ swear word was bleeped out on NBC. He was also bleeped for his use of profanity in two other jokes: one where he called Cats’ James Corden a “fat *****” and another where he discussed the same film’s Judi Dench “licking her ass.”

The comedian, however, also peppered the monologue with references to #MeToo and contemporary issues. He started off by noting that it was his fifth time hosting, and therefore he didn’t care what flak he would take. Then he punched in with a nod to last year’s college admissions scandal: “I came here in a limo tonight and the license plate was made by Felicity Huffman,” he said, referring to the actress’ prison sentence.

Gervais noted that top film executives present at the ceremony may have come from different companies, "but they all have one thing in common: They're all terrified of Ronan Farrow. He's coming for you, he's coming for you."

At another point, the host noted that the Golden Globes was an old-fashioned awards show, and asserted the ceremony should just thank Netflix and get on with it. Gervais pointed out he has a show on Netflix, Afterlife, about a man considering committing suicide after his wife dies. "Spoiler alert, there's a season two, so in the end, he didn't kill himself. Just like Jeffrey Epstein. Sorry, I know he's your friend," Gervais joked to the A-list audience.

Epstein came up again when Gervais took aim at Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: "Leonardo DiCaprio attended the premiere and by the end, his date was too old for him. Even Prince Andrew was like, 'C'mon, mate.'" (Gervais was referring to allegations that Epstein's former friend Prince Andrew sexually assaulted a girl trafficked by Epstein.)

While discussing the addition of Apple TV+ to the room, Gervais noted the irony of a #MeToo-themed show like The Morning Show being "made by a company who runs sweatshops in China. You say you're woke, but … if ISIS started a streaming service you'd call your agent."

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
damn, this is funny. now they'll all go celebrate together on pleasure island
phallus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:02 PM #4
THE DEFECATION TEAM

Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
BoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 136,959.08
Total Points: 151,166.23
cheers bud - Beercules Time to jazz your profile up. Get a damn avatar too man something sick as fück - Scott. Weiland No Message - Scott. Weiland Cheers to good boxing discussion! - j0zef Yes sir! - anthonydavid11 
Cheers!!  And, thanks. - Redd Foxx I couldn't green you back so here's a beer.  BTW thanks for ruining my thread LOL. - -Freddy- war cp freshmart - Mike D You da man! - .:: JSFD26 ::. war b-fan85 - Mike D 
You'll get your points homes - ScottWeiland Pizza dude's got thirty seconds. - 1hourRun cheers - Beercules Thank you sir. Very interesting responses, too. - anthonydavid11 Thanks for representing, brother. - anthonydavid11 
You're a solid dude. Have a pixelated e-brew on me. - P.K Dionysus Eat well, my friend... - Tony Trick-Pony No Message - -jose- Merry Christmas - TBear Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Scott. Weiland Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Scott. Weiland 

Glad he went off on these Hollywood hypocrites. Most of these celebrities are like the people who support peta in their mink jackets.
BoxingFan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:51 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2426 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,731.67
Total Points: 71,897.51
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 Cheers!!!!! - Outworn 

I'll say it again. ABC should get him to host the Oscars.
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:05 PM #6
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 21987 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,140,853.94
Total Points: 1,156,846.33
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 

His 7 or so minute opening monologue was one of the best verbal ass whippings I've seen in awhile. It was more like a roast then a monologue. Always dug Ricky G, dig him even more now.

Anyone watch the whole show? He drop any more insults the rest of the way?
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:06 PM #7
Ignore List Champion

Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
I don't think he's gonna be getting any hosting gigs for awhile lol.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:10 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2426 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,731.67
Total Points: 71,897.51
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 Cheers!!!!! - Outworn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
And Gervais knew it during that opening salvo. But it was his 5th hosting gig, so I'm surprised it took that long. The guy has the kind of "screw you" money and success that he can say that kind of stuff. I just hope ABC doesn't do that "no host" BS again this year. Bring back Kimmel from 2 years ago, if they have to. So did anyone make a political speech?
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:31 PM #9
Ignore List Champion

Quote:
And Gervais knew it during that opening salvo. But it was his 5th hosting gig, so I'm surprised it took that long. The guy has the kind of "screw you" money and success that he can say that kind of stuff. I just hope ABC doesn't do that "no host" BS again this year. Bring back Kimmel from 2 years ago, if they have to. So did anyone make a political speech?
I heard Michelle Williams said something about electing more women or something along those lines. Idk about anything else.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:02 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5637 Post(s)
Szef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 99,047.99
Total Points: 160,292.98
No Message - Scott Weiland TO A FUNNY POSTER - jas lol - -jose- No Message - RwK No Message - RwK 
It's not a donut.It's a co.ck ring.For future escapades.Love Hugh.P.S You'll thank me later. - HughJass Merry Xmas bro. - HughJass thanks for the compliment, i am not hilarious, lol, i think things i say are hilarious because they are true, when somebody tries to argue against the truth, it makes my logic even more hilarious because people tend to get so mad over a fact, it caus - Tha_Greatest Happy New Year bro - HughJass Will bring ye luck - Rocky... 
cake from your 5,000th post party - Mike D Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas - TBear Niech Żyje Polska - -Weltschmerz- 
Merry Christmas - TBear For making stupid comments - Mr McDowell garbage poster - steve j Have a Żywiec... - BoxingFan85 "Location: Ancient Egypt." Lmaaaaooooooo - P.K Dionysus 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - 1hourRun 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
Quote:
i mean it's not like the people who hired him didn't know what he is capable of

but i don't think they expected he'd go balls deep like that lolol
Szef is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends