Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-14-2020, 12:24 AM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Sweet Scions is a splendid one to beholdSweet Scions is a splendid one to beholdSweet Scions is a splendid one to beholdSweet Scions is a splendid one to beholdSweet Scions is a splendid one to beholdSweet Scions is a splendid one to beholdSweet Scions is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,475.55
Total Points: 28,286.97

...It's either that angle (how it read to me) or a general dig at Plant by citing the seeming lack of attention/scrutiny from Matchroom as evidence that he is "irrelevant" and perceived as a lesser threat amongst Haymon's stable. So if it's the latter then fine, but in that case I'm inclined to think it's more a case of Andrade/spoiler syndrome and "the less said the better".
Sweet Scions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:09 AM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Boxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,535.61
Total Points: 33,597.92
Well said! - Nomadic 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Scions View Post
What's to "get"? He made a weak ass argument for a supposed racial agenda to give Plant an eternal NSB hall pass, and his "brilliant" rebuttal to a sensible response to why that angle is inconclusive at best is...that. Yeah, whoosh right over my head, clearly.
He’s truly quite knowledgeable but clearly yes he is pulling your leg. Just go with it and you won’t get argumentative when there’s no reason to. Have a laugh
Boxingfanatic75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:24 AM #23
Undisputed Champion

Sweet Scions is a splendid one to beholdSweet Scions is a splendid one to beholdSweet Scions is a splendid one to beholdSweet Scions is a splendid one to beholdSweet Scions is a splendid one to beholdSweet Scions is a splendid one to beholdSweet Scions is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
He’s truly quite knowledgeable but clearly yes he is pulling your leg. Just go with it and you won’t get argumentative when there’s no reason to. Have a laugh
Just lol. Are you his intermediary or something? Can the great oldskoolg not speak for himself? "Argumentative". He said something I disagreed with and I expressed that disagreement. He was welcome to respond intelligently in turn, or a simple "You're right, I'm full of ****", whatever the case. That's sort of how this works. I'll also add that what little discussion of Plant I do see here seems to skew largely negative, erring toward baseless accusations of "white trash" (becuz Tennessee, durr!) and/or accusations of "great white hope" despite no real basis for jumping to that conclusion to this point...which just weakens his "case" further. So yeah, nah. I could have been way more of a dismissive dick about it as well. That was kid gloves.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:43 AM #24
Undisputed Champion

Boxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond repute
Well said! - Nomadic 

Quote:
Just lol. Are you his intermediary or something? Can the great oldskoolg not speak for himself? "Argumentative". He said something I disagreed with and I expressed that disagreement. He was welcome to respond intelligently in turn, or a simple "You're right, I'm full of ****", whatever the case. That's sort of how this works. I'll also add that what little discussion of Plant I do see here seems to skew largely negative, erring toward baseless accusations of "white trash" (becuz Tennessee, durr!) and/or accusations of "great white hope" despite no real basis for jumping to that conclusion to this point...which just weakens his "case" further. So yeah, nah. I could have been way more of a dismissive dick about it as well. That was kid gloves.
I don’t know why Plant receives negativity he is by far one of the fastest, purest and best boxers out there today. In fact I think he’d beat Benevidez. Benevidez leaves himself wide open at times and has poor footwork. Plant is an elite counter puncher and I feel he can catch Benevidez repeatedly. Not only that he is much faster than Benevidez and his defense is really good
Old 02-15-2020, 02:14 AM #25
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
I don’t know why Plant receives negativity he is by far one of the fastest, purest and best boxers out there today. In fact I think he’d beat Benevidez. Benevidez leaves himself wide open at times and has poor footwork. Plant is an elite counter puncher and I feel he can catch Benevidez repeatedly. Not only that he is much faster than Benevidez and his defense is really good
Agree on most all of that. I don't get it either, he seems really unfairly maligned. It's really hard for me to confidently back either guy in a Benavidez fight too much because both bring something dangerous but that outcome is a distinct possibility. I just know it's one of the very best fights at 168 and imo one of the most evenly matched.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:43 AM #26
Undisputed Champion

Well said! - Nomadic 

Quote:
Agree on most all of that. I don't get it either, he seems really unfairly maligned. It's really hard for me to confidently back either guy in a Benavidez fight too much because both bring something dangerous but that outcome is a distinct possibility. I just know it's one of the very best fights at 168 and imo one of the most evenly matched.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Share This With Friends