Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Approached To Stage Two Shows in Saudi Arabia in 2020

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Approached To Stage Two Shows in Saudi Arabia in 2020

Eddie Hearn says he has been approached to promote two shows in Saudi Arabia next year after the success of staging the Anthony Joshua-Andy Ruiz Jr rematch in the kingdom. The shows would include a return to Diriyah, the town on the outskirts of Riyadh, the Saudi capital, where the fight was staged in a purpose-built 15,000-seater temporary arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nice replacement for Nevada.

Comment

I'll be there!!! Just not in the summer, unless it's indoor The Ruiz vs AJ event was first class, i'm so glad i went out for it. They need to work a little on the logistics of getting back to the car parks etc but other than that, I had a great time.

edit* I just read the full article, Matchroom are setting up a corporate conglomeration, holy hell. Even if only some of their ventures into new markets are successful, it's freaking amazing for boxing as a sport.
      Last edited by Articulateboxin; 12-17-2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
        Nice replacement for Nevada.
        Damn you right..desert for desert XD XD XD

Comment

All the fights in S.A. have been shyte .The people there have more money than sense and haven't a clue what they are watching.Hearn gets massive money for himself and agreed the fighters but then charges the highest uk ppv ever .Big fights DO NOT belong in S.A. ......period!

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
            All the fights in S.A. have been shyte .The people there have more money than sense and haven't a clue what they are watching.Hearn gets massive money for himself and agreed the fighters but then charges the highest uk ppv ever .Big fights DO NOT belong in S.A. ......period!
            You’re right but money talks.

If Saudi Arabia are putting this kind of money into boxing, then USA and UK simply can’t compete, which was the case with the AJ v Ruiz rematch.

It’s bad news for fans that want to go to fights and big events, but the money men involved and the fighters are just not going to turn down that kind of money.

Understandable from their point of view. Just not great for the fans.

Didn’t AJ said he didn’t want to fight Wilder in USA because they worked so hard to build boxing in the UK and they wanted the biggest event in the UK? - well obviously that was an excuse because he has no problem going against that sentiment or that Saudi money.

Comment

Hopefully we see more big fights there, more money for the boxers. Why not? For me I couldn't careless about the location as long as the boxers are ok with it, the fans are able to enjoy themselves and we are able to get it on our screens, we are boxing fans not politicians, the way some dumb/ignorant posters were talking about the Ruiz/Joshua 2 fight, you would think everyone going would be beheaded, the fight went on like we all told you. Hopefully we get more countries that can spread boxing and keep it alive around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                Didn’t AJ said he didn’t want to fight Wilder in USA because they worked so hard to build boxing in the UK and they wanted the biggest event in the UK? - well obviously that was an excuse because he has no problem going against that sentiment or that Saudi money.
                Is the Joshua/Wilder fight happening in Saudi Arabia?

Comment

if the fighters are cool with it why not

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Hopefully we see more big fights there, more money for the boxers. Why not? For me I couldn't careless about the location as long as the boxers are ok with it, the fans are able to enjoy themselves and we are able to get it on our screens, we are boxing fans not politicians, the way some dumb/ignorant posters were talking about the Ruiz/Joshua 2 fight, you would think everyone going would be beheaded, the fight went on like we all told you. Hopefully we get more countries that can spread boxing and keep it alive around the world.
                    Hey Hey Hey!!!!

You're not allowed to talk about money!!

...... (even though its the biggest roadblock to getting fights made).

Comment

Working...
                    X