Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin Had Catchweights at 162, So What Was The Fuss With 155?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    "154-168 easy for me." - Golovkin

Terry, don't you wish Gennady were a 2 Division Champ by now? When he loses to Alvarez will you remember my threads that he should've fought Abraham even before Ramirez took it? What about all the ggg fans that said DeGale or Jack didn't stand a chance with Golovkin. It's not like Ward is a threat anyways nor was he in the division in 2016
    not really, because that distinction doesnt mean what it used to mean. For gods sake Broner is a FOUR division champ, and he is complete garbage and his best wins are Demarco and Paulie lol.

Personally I believe GGG can beat any of the guys at 168, and hopefully when he finishes at 160 he will get the chance to go dominate 168. But the idea that he should move up just to cherry pick a "title" from the weakest link, just so he can call himself a "2 division champ", well thats got too much weak sauce on it for my tastes.....

Comment

Just so you guys know, Golovkin started his career on Cinco De Mayo Weekend, May 6th 2006!

So at 24 years of age Golovkin went pro, and Alvarez was 16 years of age at the time, being the baby from a pool of brothers who were boxers, born into it.

Gennady, with how many amateur fights and Olympic experience, was still fighting at 162 catchweights. Not sure how regulation works, but when you look at Lemieux or Angulo bouts that are over 160, BoxRec has them listed at Super Middlweight bouts.

You can tell because his opposition of opponents, some were fighting 2+ lbs over the 160 limit. BUT, I see that Gennady fought Dziarra at 161 and 161.1 against Amar Amari.

Middleweight 11 st 6 lbs 72,574 kg 160 lbs

So what was the fuss about ''canelo weight'' at 155? 1 pound over, what was the 160 king GGG doing too? as if he didn't know weight protocol...
      Dont foget he offered Rosado a title fight at 158! so he had no problem with a 158 catcfhweight against rosado. Rosado turned down the catchweight told GGG to respect boxing.

source:
      http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/1/2/...bo-boxing-news
      Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 05-08-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        not really, because that distinction doesnt mean what it used to mean. For gods sake Broner is a FOUR division champ, and he is complete garbage and his best wins are Demarco and Paulie lol.

Personally I believe GGG can beat any of the guys at 168, and hopefully when he finishes at 160 he will get the chance to go dominate 168. But the idea that he should move up just to cherry pick a "title" from the weakest link, just so he can call himself a "2 division champ", well thats got too much weak sauce on it for my tastes.....
        Ok, so if Gennady loses in Sept., and he will, you still stand by your opinion? You're saying "cherry picking" the champs at 168 is less challenging than 160? You want to enroll in my Troll Academy? Good stuff mang

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
          Dont foget he offered Rosado a title fight at 158! so he had no problem with a 158 catcfhweight against rosado. Rosado turned down the catchweight told GGG to respect boxing.

source:
          Yes.

When Brook wanted a catch at 157 why did he mock Brook but offered 158 to Junior Middleweight in Rosado? Last time we checked Rosado is bigger than Brook innit?

Comment

Ok, so if Gennady loses in Sept., and he will, you still stand by your opinion? You're saying "cherry picking" the champs at 168 is less challenging than 160? You want to enroll in my Troll Academy? Good stuff mang
            Yes, Im saying that defending against Jacobs and fighting Canelo is more of a challenge then lifting a "title" off Tyron Zeuge, or fighting for a vacant title against Callum Smith.

Yes. Thats what Im saying right now, and thats what I will say regardless of who wins Sept 16.

Comment

You mean like the Jacobs fight?
              Sept 17 you will no longer be around

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post

source:
                Stfu! Your boy got shut out period! He didn't win one fawking round! Not one!

Comment

Yes, Im saying that defending against Jacobs and fighting Canelo is more of a challenge then lifting a "title" off Tyron Zeuge, or fighting for a vacant title against Callum Smith.

Yes. Thats what Im saying right now, and thats what I will say regardless of who wins Sept 16.
                  again, why didn't you state Ramirez or DeGale? I even said Abraham before Ramirez...

it's ok man, boxing will still be around after ggg is gone. Sept. his 0 is gone bruh

Comment

Terry, who will win in Sept.? I'm scared...

Comment

Working...
                    X