No announcement yet.

Golovkin and Saunders in the works for June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    What a load of bull**** khazakstan is poor as hell no way they hold any type of event.
    look at you making an ass out of yourself.its been reported awhile ago that golovkin's second fight this year would be in his home country.I'm sure they have all the funds necessary to hold a boxing match there.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
      look at you making an ass out of yourself.its been reported awhile ago that golovkin's second fight this year would be in his home country.I'm sure they have all the funds necessary to hold a boxing match there.
      Yeah I'm sure he would rather face bjs and skip canelo foh

Comment

I wonder if Borat would make an appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          For BJS, the WBO has to approve should Khurtsidze accept.
          For GGG, the IBF said the only exception to fighting Tureano Johnson would be a unification with BJS.

So with mando's vs Johnson & Khurtsidze (he has to fight for the interim title), Idk if a Canelo fight would happen in September or not?
          TJ's promoted by GB, so that might not be an issue, and the WBO has a hard on for Canelo and probably wouldn't miss out sanctioning that $fight$.
          if GGG gets past Jacobs and lands Saunders in June, he would then have accomplished the goal of unifying all 4 titles. At that point he would have the option of fighting Canelo and losing the IBF, or if the Canelo fight falls apart he could fight Johnson and keep the titles together.

I would suspect that after he actually unifies all 4 titles, he would know that being able to keep all 4 for any length of time is virtually impossible (due to conflicting mandos), so the urge to face Johnson after Saunders would not be very much, so Canelo at 160 or Degale or something else of interest at 168 would probably convince him to let the IBF go....
          Last edited by OnePunch; 02-10-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            if GGG gets past Jacobs and lands Saunders in June, he would then have accomplished the goal of unifying all 4 titles. At that point he would have the option of fighting Canelo and losing the IBF, or if the Canelo fight falls apart he could fight Johnson and keep the titles together.

I would suspect that after he actually unifies all 4 titles, he would know that being able to keep all 4 for any length of time is virtually impossible (due to conflicting mandos), so the urge to face Johnson after Saunders would not be very much, so Canelo at 160 or Degale or something else of interest at 168 would probably convince him to let the IBF go....
            **** abc belts, if one becomes undisputed the #1 contenders of each abc title should duke it out to become the recognised challenger.

Its just so typically fpr boxing that you can loose a belt because you have two mandatories at the same time. Makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
              I wonder if Borat would make an appearance.
              In 2007 at the World Amateur Championships in Chicago any time a Kazhak fighter was announced they chanted "Borat, Borat".

SMDH, although I might have laughed back them.

I think if GGG fought in his home country they'd go crazy and get a huge crowd since it's probably a once in a blue moon event.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                That would be some trip for BJS.

Albeit completely unwinnable.
                LOL.

I think in his heart of hearts he knows this. Just angling for the best cash out scenario Canelo or Triple G.

Comment

I applaud GGG for chasing all the top **WILLING** middleweights. The belts I don't really care about, its the good fights that matter

But I am a little concerned that this June fight could jeopardize a Sept fight w/ Canelo.

IMO, GBP doesn't want to risk their cashcow. That's why they've delayed the fight to Sept.

I could see them saying -- hey, this is cutting it too close. What if GGG gets cut? etc. etc. blah blah "lets make Canelo - Cotto II instead"

It would suck and be a copout by GBP, but I could see it happening.

Comment

It does seem very likely Golovkin will be fighting in Kazakhstan in the summer with the EXPO being there and Golovkin being an official ambassador. Saunders would be the best opponent for it.

Comment

Golovkin is a huge star in the UK.. He sold out o2 arena in a matter of minutes.. Surely it makes more financial sense to make this fight in the UK or USA? But then again GGG is a huge star back home so it may be huge there.. It's just a wierd place for such a big unification fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X