Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please explain why Corrales isnt in the IBHOF yet Gatti and Mancini is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please explain why Corrales isnt in the IBHOF yet Gatti and Mancini is?

They were fun to watch, had good skills but lost all their big fights

Corrales was actually the lineal champion at 135 and won the ibf and wbo at 130, fought in one of the greatest championship fights ever, had better wins than they had...higher ko ratio....more champions defeated.....won more big fights

Damn.....Corrales deserves to be in.

Corrales, Casamayor, Freitas, Mayweather, and JLC was a golden age at 130-135 and Corrales fought them all.

No idea really.

Comment

i always wanted to see a prime Casamayor vs Floyd

JLC-Casamayor was like taking ambien

Comment

I agree he had a better career then both

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

Corrales was actually the lineal champion at 135 and won the ibf and wbo at 130, fought in one of the greatest championship fights ever, had better wins than they had...higher ko ratio....more champions defeated.....won more big fights

Corrales, Casamayor, Freitas, Mayweather, and JLC was a golden age at 130-135 and Corrales fought them all.

Corrales was never forgiven by the boxing world for excessive spitting of his gum shield. HOF doesn't accept cheats.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

im sure there's **** loads of "politicing" during the selection process. Same with the NFL hof. How in the hell TO didn't get in 1st ballot is beyond my comprehension.

Comment

He should get in for the Castillo fight alone really.

But yeah I think he deserves it he had a good career.

Comment

Because the powers that be, are voting for Trump...

Comment

I think the IBHOF gots too low a bar to start with, but yea its hard to argue Diego shouldn't be in if Gatti & Mancini are in. I suspect Diego's less than stellar history could have something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I think the IBHOF gots too low a bar to start with, but yea its hard to argue Diego shouldn't be in if Gatti & Mancini are in. I suspect Diego's less than stellar history could have something to do with it.
                    Gatti, Mancini & McGuigan are exceptions. People always point to them as if that's the norm. But it isn't. They're at the low end of the curve.

Comment

Working...
                    X