Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Joe Calzaghe stand in your P4P all time list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe isn't even a top ten great brit.

He's also not the greatest Welsh fighter. Jimmy Wilde, Freddie Welsh and Jim Driscoll all rank better than Joe.

Joes a great fighter though. H2H he ranks very very high.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
      Hey Einstein, it's YOU who's arrogantly dismissed people's opinions as well as the circumstances surrounding Joe's actions.

It's YOU who typed 'blah blah'

That's your contribution to this thread.

How am I attention seeking?

Let me use what little social skills I possess, to leave you an excerpt from Joe's autobiography:

"I have no interest any more in Roy Jones and no interest in Antonio Tarver. Jones is washed up and Tarver was never that good anyway, he just caught Jones when Jones was shot and Johnson did the same"

Great, huh?

Seeing as though it's you, I'll leave you some more comments of Joe's, this time from 1999 when Roy was in his prime:

"I'm not chasing Roy Jones, I don't want tough fights"

The stuff of legend.

You keep celebrating his win over Roy. And don't forget those other amazing wins against the likes of Salem, Sobot, Ashira and Mkrtchyan.
      See, you can put thought into a post when stimulated.

For the record, the only opinions I dismiss are those based on fights that didn't happen. You responded to my quote regarding another poster and contributed nothing to the thread other than salt.

Both were past their best, but neither was shot and the better man won on the night. I don't feel the need to quote passages from books to reinforce my opinion, it is what it is.

Oh, the names you have quoted as amazing wins for Joe. Well, Roy has a ton of those type of fighters on his resume too, with the real difference being Roy lost to some of them. Roy wasn't shot after the Tarver ko, he was beaten and took it badly, which affected his mental fortitude and performance thereafter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Rubber View Post
        See, you can put thought into a post when stimulated.

For the record, the only opinions I dismiss are those based on fights that didn't happen. You responded to my quote regarding another poster and contributed nothing to the thread other than salt.

Both were past their best, but neither was shot and the better man won on the night. I don't feel the need to quote passages from books to reinforce my opinion, it is what it is.

Oh, the names you have quoted as amazing wins for Joe. Well, Roy has a ton of those type of fighters on his resume too, with the real difference being Roy lost to some of them. Roy wasn't shot after the Tarver ko, he was beaten and took it badly, which affected his mental fortitude and performance thereafter.
        Neither of them were shot?

Me and Joe disagree with you.

Roy hadn't had a top level win for 5 years. Glen Johnson bullied Roy for 9 rounds and then knocked him out cold in 2004, which was 4 years before Joe fought him. Do you seriously think Glen Johnson would have beaten Roy whilst he was anywhere near his prime? Roy was 3-3 in his previous 6 going into the fight in 2008, but to you that isn't being shot? Joe was past his best, but he was still an elite level fighter, coming off two of the best wins of his career.

Regarding the names I mentioned, those were the guys who Joe chose to fight whilst he was in his 30's, after he'd said he didn't want to fight Roy.

Joe was nothing but a scavenger, and again, his win over Roy was a joke.

Comment

Working...
        X