Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Mayweather Vs Berto master thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Mayweather Vs Berto master thread.

It will take place Sept. 12, at the MGM in Las Vegas. He will fight Andre Berto. Alas, it will not be offered on CBS, a freebie, but will instead be offered on pay-per-view, a solid source informs TSS.

A CBS fight was on the table, embraced in many circles, seemingly a go...but ultimately the money matters had some folks uncomfortable with that outside-the-box plan.

Eyeballs are great but revenue is king, is I guess the message...

As always, I encourage readers to trust, but verify; Mayweather does his own thing, when and how he wants it. This will be the gospel truth, Twitter verified, when Mayweather himself tells us all. This could be the plan now, but change in three hours. Capisce?

It is official. Berto is the next victim. PPV is the platform. Floyd Mayweather announced Tuesday, August 4, late afternoon his plans for Sept. 12.

Follow Woodsy on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Woodsy1069
    Thoughts, friends?

Berto is one of those guys that don't look like they're punching particularly hard but they are.

And apparently prices will be $65 SD and $75 HD which I think is pretty extortionate. Will probably be on Sky Box Office for £15-20 in the UK as BoxNation don't seem to be interested.

I predict 700k PPV sales as some of his fans and casuals will still buy as it's Floyd Mayweather and his apparent swan-song and the undercard is decent. The main event also has potential to be "entertaining".

Quadruple Header:
    -Ishe Smith vs Vanes Martiroysan
    -George Groves vs Badou Jack
    -Roman Martinez vs Orlando Salido
    -Floyd Mayweather vs Andre Berto

I predict Vanes, Groves, Martinez and Mayweather will all win.

Official Results:
    -Vanes Matiroysan won a Majority Decision flooring Ishe Smith in the 3rd and 8th
    -Oquendo won a close Split Decision over Johnny Gonzalez
    -Badou Jack won a Split Decision over George Groves
    -Orlando Salido and ROman Martinez scored a split draw
    -Mayweather beat Berto in dominant fashion to win a unanimous Decision

I thoroughly enjoyed the card and Berto tried his best but I would have preferred Mayweather-Khan, what were your thoughts on the event?

Post Fight Updates
    @danrafaelespn: PPV industry source on #MayweatherBerto numbers tells me they're very poor relatively speaking. 'Being generous is might hit 550,000 buys.'

@danrafaelespn: #MayweatherBerto will be Floyd's weakest PPV showing since he first went on PPV with Gatti & Baldomir, fights that were 300k plus. #boxing

@danrafaelespn: Purses for #MayweatherBerto main event alone was $36M. If PPV does even 550k it nets around $20M. Lot to make up with gate & other revenue.
    Not really a surprise but will come as a disappointment for Shosports who may potentially have a made a loss on THIS particular Mayweather PPV considering the expenses for the solid undercard fights and Mayweather's $32 million purse guarantee (Floyd claims he's making $71/72 million)
    Floyd Mayweather Jr KO/TKO
    16.24%
    Floyd Mayweather Jr UD/SD/MD
    56.85%
    Andre Berto KO/TKO
    16.75%
    Andre Berto UD/SD/MD
    2.54%
    Draw
    0.00%
    Robbery
    7.61%
    Last edited by SalimShady1212; 09-16-2015, 06:17 PM.

a fitting end to his career, really, very fitting

Comment

I hope that's not true. Anyone but that guy.

Comment

Wow I really thought he was joking. It's 2015, not 2010.

Comment

Berto? That's his gift back to the fans? Him fighting berto on free tv is like wrapping up a turn in gift wrap,and calling it a present.

Comment

Berto?! LMFAO...Hes shot to **** for some time now..

Comment

Well beating Berto did get Ortiz and Guerrero the Floyd fight so it kinda makes sense.

Comment

Then again, the possibility of a rare KO for Floyd looms..

Comment

I continue to be uninterested in this matchup. We shoulda figured Berto was WBA #1 for a reason. Honestly, might not even stream this.

EDIT: I'm slow, ****s on CBS. Still probably not watching it tho
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 07-14-2015, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Floyd defendors will find a way to defend this.

"Free" TV or not, this is garbage.

Comment

Working...
                    X