Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 14th Go set a watchman are you going to read it?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phallus View Post
    I bet salinger's secret novels which are planned to be published in the next couple years will be disappointments too. I studied literature in university, even f. scott fitzgerald only wrote one great Gatsby, though his other novels are good. people's expectations are too high, nelle harper is talented, but smart talented people fail every day.

WTF do you mean by that?. Do they fail everyday because they do a million things everyday and odds stacked against them or they're pretty much failures.

I watched the films based on her relationship with capote (now there's a real lowlife)

Capote wrote a couple of very good books...
    And I would not call him a lowlife...

and the one with phillip Seymour Hoffman as Capote is way better except that the casting of Sandra bullock to play Harper in the other film was way better, it was the one time where I thought Catherine keener wasn't a good choice. sandy did what I thought was an incredible job of becoming her character, almost as good as Hoffman did as Capote.

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
      capote was a lowlife, even his friends say he was probably a sociopath. the way he used and then ****ed over perry smith to write in cold blood was almost painful to watch in the films. in the 70's and 80's capote used whoever he could to make a buck, especially his "swans" the new York society women he sold gossip about to make his money for drugs. just because he was talented doesn't mean he wasn't a piece of ****, just like being a great father on the cosby show doesn't mean bill isn't a rapist.

smart people fail for a variety of reasons, most of us watch far too much tv, we think success is easy. if it were easy we'd all be millionaires and married to supermodels

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
        capote was a lowlife, even his friends say he was probably a sociopath. the way he used and then ****ed over perry smith to write in cold blood was almost painful to watch in the films. in the 70's and 80's capote used whoever he could to make a buck, especially his "swans" the new York society women he sold gossip about to make his money for drugs. just because he was talented doesn't mean he wasn't a piece of ****, just like being a great father on the cosby show doesn't mean bill isn't a rapist.

smart people fail for a variety of reasons, most of us watch far too much tv, we think success is easy. if it were easy we'd all be millionaires and married to supermodels
        everything is relative and contingent,

I suppose.

Comment

Working...
        X