Collapse
No announcement yet.

maidana destroyed broners and mayweathers image

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidana damaged Broner's image greatly, not so much Floyd's though.

I think Maidana improved his own image greatly after both Floyd fights. That's what's really important. A lot of people wrote him off after the Devon loss and majority of fans thought Broner would beat him. Now he's viewed as a top contender at 147.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. (born Floyd Joy Sinclair; February 24, 1977) is an American professional boxer. He is currently undefeated as a professional and is a five-division world champion, having won ten world titles and the lineal championship in four different weight classes. Mayweather is a two-time Ring magazine Fighter of the Year (winning the award in 1998 and 2007); he also won the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA) Fighter of the Year award in 2007 and the Best Fighter ESPY Award in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014.

Mayweather is the WBC, WBA and Ring welterweight champion, and the WBC Super, WBA and Ring junior middle weight champion. He is also rated as the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world by many sporting news and boxing websites, including Ring, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, BoxRec, Fox Sports, and Yahoo! Sports. Mayweather topped the Forbes and Sports Illustrated lists of the 50 highest-paid athletes of 2012, 2013 and recently the Forbes 2014 list, currently making Mayweather the highest paid athlete in the world.

JUST THE FACTS

Comment

Yeah he showed up Broner's level (C+) and made Floyd look over the hill in both fights.

Salient point is Maidana is not great himself (probably a B- fighter).

Comment

I agree 100% that Maidana shattered the image of Broner being a star. He gave him one of those 'go back and re-evaluate your current career path' types of losses.

But I do not agree that he did anything to destroy Floyd's image however. Yes he made Floyd look vulnerable and had his hands on him a lot more than anyone else really has, but Floyd came through and beat him twice. So he may have hit him up more than anyone else, but all things considered, I do not feel as though Marcos shattered his image.

He did great things to boost his own status though, do no get me wrong, he just didn't ruin Floyd's image is all I am trying to say.
          With Broner it is another matter, he took his image and turned it inside out, span it upside down and pissed on it...

Comment

But Maidana is owned by Alexander.

Comment

Maidana is Alexander's left over.

Comment

He did hurt broner image but he still has time to make a comeback.

Floyd is just getting old.the guy is damn near 40.

Comment

Anytime I think of those fights all I remember is the sight of Floyd crying about his eye and all I hear, is that b1tch scream he makes when his finger got bit. He's a student of the game, a true master, but he's a *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    right....... because broner does want it, that's why he moved down to 140 lbs, right?
                    Maidana hid behind his pregnant girlfriend while Broner was calling for revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      Yeah he showed up Broner's level (C+) and made Floyd look over the hill in both fights.

Salient point is Maidana is not great himself (probably a B- fighter).
                      This proves you don't know jack-shi.t.

Comment

Working...
                      X