Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins vs Tavorris Cloud March 9th in Brooklyn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloud should rematch campillo first.

Comment

I voted Cloud to win on points. I think Hopkins is a great fighter but just to old to handle a big, strong, young bull like Cloud just as he could no longer handle Dawson. A few years ago Hopkins would win easily but old age catches up with everyone, even Bernard.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I voted Cloud to win on points. I think Hopkins is a great fighter but just to old to handle a big, strong, young bull like Cloud just as he could no longer handle Dawson. A few years ago Hopkins would win easily but old age catches up with everyone, even Bernard.
        Dawson, is a defensive fighter who looks for counters, is fast, and has good reflexes Hopkins always excels against come forward fighters who create his offense for him, have poor defensive skills, and just a low boxing IQ in general.....sounds like Cloud to me

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Only possible way I can even see Cloud when a fight against Hopkins, is because this past year of not fighting since campillo; he has done a complete game change and has become great at it. Cloud is a sloppy fighter, which is great for Hopkins set skills he already possess.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
            Only possible way I can even see Cloud when a fight against Hopkins, is because this past year of not fighting since campillo; he has done a complete game change and has become great at it. Cloud is a sloppy fighter, which is great for Hopkins set skills he already possess.
            Pascal had Hopkins hurt and down early. Cloud hits hard. That's his chance, he has to come out and take advantage of Hopkins early. Hopkins punch resistance and athleticism aren't exactly going to be better since we last saw him. If the fight goes past six or seven, it will probably be a Hopkins domination from that point on.

I'm probably way wrong, but I think this is the fight where Father Time beats Hopkins. If not, well Cloud better put some early rounds in the bank, with knockdowns, or he's losing a wide decision.

Comment

wow imthe only one who thinks bhop will ko this dude??? smh

Comment

If Pascal could knock Hopkins down, the heavier hitting Cloud could probably hurt Hopkins a number of times, especially at his age. Hopkins has never fought a fighter who hits as hard as Cloud and his legs wont be as good. Campillo throws a lot more punches and uses range better than Hopkins. If Hopkins wins, it will be close as it always is with Hopkins. Just hope that isn't the night that Hopkins gets stopped for the first time. That would be sad as hell.
                Last edited by richardt; 01-14-2013, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                  wow imthe only one who thinks bhop will ko this dude??? smh
                  Hopkins hasn't had a KO win in what 14 fights and at least 2 Presidents ago.

Comment

Hope cloud knocks out this boring **** who takes millions from hbo and puts on boring ass performances with his crying fouling and hugging.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                      i can see how hopkins could win this fight, cloud is strong and fast but i think bernards way of ugly winning i feel takes him to the W against the shorter cloud.
                      Cloud is strong and slow you mean. There's nothing fast about Cloud. Remember Johnson matched everything Cloud had, power, chin, speed[or lack thereof]. And Johnson was already pretty old.

Comment

Working...
                      X