Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Molina Ward Hopkins... What's the difference???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
    LoL @ cowardiness. No that's not cowardiness. And, there is no difference in the way Ward and Hopkins fought in certain fights to the way Molina fought last night. And, Molina like Ward and Hopkins don't fight the same way in every fight. Which again has to do with boxing IQ, craftiness, and versatility. Molina just skill for skill and talent for talent is on the level of Ward and Hopkins. But, he is good at what he does.
    I think that's where we're having the disagreement.

Let's be specific. Which fight exactly are you saying Molina fought like Ward?

I'll review the fight. If it's true, then shame on Ward.

Either way you put it, Molina was a fckn bicth last night. I'll say the same for anyone that fought like that guy. It just so happens that I think Ward doesn't fight how Molina fought last night. Sure Ward clinches, but just clinching wasn't the problem. It was the overly excessive clinching for 20 seconds at a time without doing anything is where the problem lies.

But it's not just Molina's fault. The ref was completely clueless.

Comment

• Originally posted by UmissUpay View Post
      flom0s: molina aint black
      YUP!!! :*******:

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        Hopkins-Holmes BTW was worse than this IMO.

Hopkins would do the same thing, throw a lead right, follow up with his head, clinch Holmes, pin Holmes arm to his body. Rinse, wash, and repeat for the whole fight.

Yet these fans are shittin on Molina. While defending Ward and Hopkins. If they don't think Ward or Hopkins are just as bad then they haven't seen most of their fights.
        bu bu bu but, hopkins never did this until he was and old man didn't you know?

Comment

• He was doing what he needed to do to try and when the fight. Isn't that what every fighter suppose to do? It's the ref's job to see it, warn him, and take points.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            molina held for 2 minutes and 30 seconds of each round then threw punches the last 30 seconds. hopkins and ward hold too much but at least they throw punches in the clinch.
            so you respect them because not only do they hol, but hold and hit?(illegal+more illegal)? makes sense....

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              I think that's where we're having the disagreement.

Let's be specific. Which fight exactly are you saying Molina fought like Ward?

I'll review the fight. If it's true, then shame on Ward.

Either way you put it, Molina was a fckn bicth last night. I'll say the same for anyone that fought like that guy. It just so happens that I think Ward doesn't fight how Molina fought last night. Sure Ward clinches, but just clinching wasn't the problem. It was the overly excessive clinching for 20 seconds at a time without doing anything is where the problem lies.

But it's not just Molina's fault. The ref was completely clueless.
              The Froch Ward fight. Ward did it all night long. Ward would bend over, stick his arm out, run in and grab Froch, then push him up against the ropes. That is the same thing Molina did most of the fight. Probably the big difference is that the ref didn't go in and break it up as fast, giving Ward more time to get his hands free so he could throw some punches. Peterson also did the same thing against Khan.

Personally I am not a big fan of any of those fighters (Molina, Kirkland, Peterson, Khan, Ward, or Froch).

Comment

• where does thing come from that hopkins and ward get a free pass for clinching? ppl keep saying molina gets all this critisism while ward and hopkins doesnt but thats ****ing absurd! ward and hopkins couldnt get more critisized for clinching, its not possible. and on top of that ppl play the race card.

i dont think molina deserves much critisism for clinching, you take a few punches from james kirkland without clinching, running or going down you can complain all you want but until then stfu. molina did what he had to do in order to win against thsis particular oponent, win this one and look good the next.

same thing goes for ward and hopkins. ward doesnt clinch more than necessary, if he gets in a bad position he wraps his man up as oposed to giving him a free shot. thats common sense imo, and its not like he kills fights with his clinching and just tries to survive, the man puts in lots of work and wins big every fight.

hopkins is the only one who legitimately kills fights with his clinching, but at his age he doesnt have much choice. at his age he needs to take a break here and there, if you dont like it dont watch it. if you want to see him make history it comes with the territory.

hell if you like boxing it comes with the territory, clinching is part of the sport. you can be mad at the referees who dont enforce the rule when things get out of line but not the fighters, they do what they gotta do.

Comment

• What Ward and Hopkins do is ****ty to watch, but Molina took it to a whole other level. I can't remember ever seeing a fight where someone held that much.

I equally can't stand Ward and Hopkins. Molina I hate even more though. He took it to another level.

Comment

• Molina exposed Kirkland once again...that's the real reason. Had him stunned with no pop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yogi007 View Post
                      The Froch Ward fight. Ward did it all night long. Ward would bend over, stick his arm out, run in and grab Froch, then push him up against the ropes. That is the same thing Molina did most of the fight. Probably the big difference is that the ref didn't go in and break it up as fast, giving Ward more time to get his hands free so he could throw some punches. Peterson also did the same thing against Khan.

Personally I am not a big fan of any of those fighters (Molina, Kirkland, Peterson, Khan, Ward, or Froch).
                      are you serious? peterson didnt initiate a single clinch in that fight, it was all khan! khan grabbed hold of him, pushed his head down and put him in freakin' headlocks anytime peterson tried to get inside. peterson wanted nothing to do with the grappling he was just looking to let his hands go.

ward didnt really grab froch either when he did what you described, dont get me wrong he did clinch against him but not like that. when he did that he was just getting under frochs punches and then using his shoulder to smother him and push him backwards, he wasnt grabbing him at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X