No announcement yet.

SHOCKER: Marquez will be the Attacker; Pacquiao will be the Counter-Puncher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOCKER: Marquez will be the Attacker; Pacquiao will be the Counter-Puncher

From the looks of it, Marquez and his team seem to be emphasizing power over speed. Pacquiao has demonstrated that he can box and counter punch.

I see a reversal of roles in this fight:

Marquez will go on the attack, especially early in the fight.

Pacquiao will be playing the matador, slipping and sliding, moving in and out.

I'm 100% certain with regards to the Marquez side of this prediction. I'm 70% sure about the Pacquiao side. There is still a 30% chance he might just go toe to toe with the aggressor Marquez.

dumb move if that's marquez' plan. It's not really his game being the aggressor. Not that Pacquiao is Floyd when it comes to counter punching, but watch how Marquez looking chasing floyd around for 12 rounds. Not good at all.

Marquez should do what he does best and try to exploit the flaws of an aggressive pacquiao.

Comment

this is what i see also.

this was their plan againts mosley but mosley didnt attack. this was their plan against margarito and it was brilliant.

Comment

The way he fought against pac the last two times was the right style. Other than being slightly more cautious of pacs power, I dont see him changing it up too much.

Comment

Theres no way Pacquiao counterpunches all night and wins another decision. Hes going to fight toe to toe and KO Marquez whether Marquez attacks or not.

Comment

The only fight I know where Pac was not the aggressor is the Ricky Hatton fight. KO of the Year.

Comment

That's a huge mistake on Marquez's part if he goes at Pacquiao.

He was most effective against Pacquiao in previous bouts by counter punching him when he came in.

He knows he can only beat Pacquiao by being the counter puncher.

Comment

Comment

Not going to happen. Too be honest, with how slow Marquez looks, no strategy will work. He's just too slow to do anything when Pacquiao darts in and fires off punches.

Comment

LMAO. JMM will not be that stupid. JMM is smart and will be a counter puncher.

Comment

Working...
                    X