Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you run, which strikes first?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People starting out with forefoot striking will definately feel some discomfort or tightening around the ankle, calf. But in saying that, it's not a bad pain, its more your muscles getting used to the technique and getting stronger.

Comment

I try and land mid-fore foot when i run. If you land on your heal you're joints will absorb most of the impact which will cause problems in the long run...and i'm talking from experience here!

Comment

i've always ran forefoot, never even thought about it....i think it's safer that way, like lots of people said before me, heel striking can cause some problems...

Comment

run fore/flat footed, dont pound feet down whether you land heel or ball of foot, the trick is to land around the ball and lower heel down and push off, that way your not stopping dead on heel which ripples up your legs...
          light footed and relaxed is the way, pick a nice place to run and enjoy it!

Comment

Forefooted since I was 12 years old and someone told me this.

"Cheatahs run faster than elephants because they run on their toes, elephants are flat footed."

Not the only reason but, that analogy has stuck with me for ever no matter how much truth it may hold.

Been running on my toes or forefoot since then.

Comment

Working...
            X