No announcement yet.

Kostya Tszyu vs Oscar De La Hoya @140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
    Why the emphasis on the number of fights? Who cares? If you watch the style of Oscar and can appreciate how great he was it is easy to see that he is the superior fighter in every aspect. Kostya never fought a guy of the caliber of Oscar. Unlike you, I see no way that Kostya pulls off a victory over Oscar. Oscar had footwork, incredible hand speed, phenomenal power, a vicious left hook, a granite chin, and the heart and stamina to match.

Oscar by stoppage and I can not see it any other way unless Kostya were to somehow survive and Oscar were to get robbed again.

The number of fights at that weight mean something if people start calling him a beast or whatever. His three fights there consist of a cuts win over a damaged Chavez, a ho hum decision over Gonzalez, and a KO over a journeyman. So what about that is supposed to be so damn impressive?

It's obvious that the two of us strongly disagree about Oscar's prowess. He was clearly a skilled fighter with fast hands and an exceptional left hook. But his power after 135 was considerably less than "phenomonal". Aside from the Vargas KO its just not there. Who over 140 did he ever KO who was a hall of famer like KT? And he didn't show very much heart against Trinidad when he ran like a dog.

I'm upfront about DLH being one of my least favorite fighters, ever. And your sig indicates that you feel the opposite, so we're not likely to ever find common ground concerning him.

Comment

Oscar wins a close competitive decision,people often underrate Tsyzu though

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        The number of fights at that weight mean something if people start calling him a beast or whatever. His three fights there consist of a cuts win over a damaged Chavez, a ho hum decision over Gonzalez, and a KO over a journeyman. So what about that is supposed to be so damn impressive?

It's obvious that the two of us strongly disagree about Oscar's prowess. He was clearly a skilled fighter with fast hands and an exceptional left hook. But his power after 135 was considerably less than "phenomonal". Aside from the Vargas KO its just not there. Who over 140 did he ever KO who was a hall of famer like KT? And he didn't show very much heart against Trinidad when he ran like a dog.

I'm upfront about DLH being one of my least favorite fighters, ever. And your sig indicates that you feel the opposite, so we're not likely to ever find common ground concerning him.
        I don't feel Tszyu is HOF-calibre, personally --- certainly, he is far removed from sure-fire HOF-calibre.

Comment

Kostya is already in the HOF.

Comment

De La Hoya by a close decision. Would of been an amazing fight.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
              Kostya is already in the HOF.
              I forgot about that, youre right. Rather a rash decision, for mine.

Comment

The gulf in class isn't as wide as people are making it out to be, but De La Hoya has the speed and the length to make Tszyu look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                  The gulf in class isn't as wide as people are making it out to be, but De La Hoya has the speed and the length to make Tszyu look bad.
                  I think it is.... Tszyu is totally outclassed and it's by a wide margin. That's why Oscar is Oscar and Tszyu is.... Tszyu.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                    I think it is.... Tszyu is totally outclassed and it's by a wide margin. That's why Oscar is Oscar and Tszyu is.... Tszyu.
                    Well I know that you think it is. You rate Oscar a LOT higher than I do. That's allowed, though. I just think that Kostya was a beast and very comfortable at the weight. He could land some good stuff on Oscar but, based on the styles and physical dimensions, I would definitely give the Golden Boy the nod here.

Comment

Watching Tszyu against Forrest in the AMs, I find it a damn shame that he turned into such a head hunter in the PROs. The AM Tszyu I'd favor against Oscar, the PRO version, not so much. DLH probably catches him with the left hook mid rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X