No announcement yet.

What causes the most boxing deaths

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rj_ct View Post
    That report was one of my main sources when I wrote my paper. The sad thing is, you have to remember that it's not totally accurate or complete, and there were almost certainly more deaths that weren't listed.
    Out of curiosity, have you come across anything detailing the number of professional fighters for different era's? I read somewhere(I can't remember where) that in the 40's and 50's there were over 60,000 license pro's compared to something like 2,000 today. If that is true, combined with the increase in todays medical technology, the percentage of ring deaths back than is probably lower than today.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Out of curiosity, have you come across anything detailing the number of professional fighters for different era's? I read somewhere(I can't remember where) that in the 40's and 50's there were over 60,000 license pro's compared to something like 2,000 today. If that is true, combined with the increase in todays medical technology, the percentage of ring deaths back than is probably lower than today.
      That would have been a good thing to look at. I don't think I did. I can't find my paper on my hard drive, otherwise I would post it.

Comment

Originally posted by rj_ct View Post
        That would have been a good thing to look at. I don't think I did. I can't find my paper on my hard drive, otherwise I would post it.

No sweat man, I appreciate your contribution.

Comment

Working...
        X