Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually have some Lemarr MK2s which I just got a few days ago in 12oz for bags/pads, they are really great gloves, quality leather and stitching and really comfortable. Theyd make a good sparring glove too at 16oz because the leather is soft and it's quite well padded, although it is a Mexican style of glove so there's not quite as much padding over the knuckles.

I think they're made at the same factory as Golden Gear and Fairtex because they're very much like the Fairtex Mexican/Heavy Hitter Gloves which Golden Gear also have a version of.

I got mine on ebay for £50 + p&p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1807718802...84.m1439.l2649

Comment

• Originally posted by Ty$on View Post
      Hey everyone, two quick questions.

1) What size gloves did Mike Tyson use in his fights?

2) Do they still actively make Classic Everlast's/Where to buy;
      EDIT: Unable to post photo's, but basically the old Everlast Gloves, the red ones specifically in which had the white background on the wrist area, with the black writing ''Everlast''. They still do make gloves, with the Everlast watermark on the wristband, but there often times accompanied by logo's on the center of the glove as well.

2a) There's also the kind which I really favor. It's simply a red glove, with a white box in the center, which says Everlast.

Thanks for future reference.
      that is essentially our classic glove.

anything with that old logo is exactly that..old

we stopped that logo at least 4-5 years ago

we still make the classic although more for fight cards than for mass consumption

Comment

• I just started boxing and I'd want an opinion here, instead of google.com. Any suggested brands (Not Everlast) for a new boxer? (Preferably under $60-70)

I'm 5'6" 128-130 pounds (small and skinny filipino) I wouldn't mind using 18 ozs. I don't spar as I just started, but I hit the bags and mitts w/ a coach everytime I go to the gym. I'm 17.

Comment

• ringside and title are good for beginners, they're around 50-60 bucks. rival is better and theyre like 80 bucks i think depending on which pair you get.

thai brands (twins etc) area great all around leather gloves that can be used for anything. theyre pretty cheap, like 50 bucks or so

Comment

• Originally posted by chico 305 View Post
            yea the Grants i had got destroyed within a year use.

cop the Double A's for half the price and love them even more
            never heard of that brand, care to describe the glove and what aspect of theirs is best, i.e comfort, wrist/ knuckle protection, a punchers glove? thanks

Comment

• Should I be buying bag gloves, or training gloves? ( I don't think I'm going to be sparring for awhile as I just started) Or can anyone state pros/cons of the different gloves? They kinna all look the same to me T_T

Comment

• bag gloves have less padding and its more dense padding, to protect your hands and so the padding doesnt get shot after a few months when you hit the bag

sparring gloves have more padding and they also have softer padding to protect your opponents face. they dont last as long if you use them on the heavy bag, plus the padding will get dense over time so they wont offer the same protection to your opponents face

get yourself bag gloves. after a year or so you can still get yourself sparring gloves if you want

Comment

• Would it be fine for a person my size (5'6" 130 pounds SHORT arms[filipino]) to use 16-18 oz gloves?

Comment

• It's time for me to buy another piece of equipment for home use. My gym is now only going to be open 5 nights a week, so I'm wanting to improve my home setup. I'm wanting something to improve my uppercuts specifically, and I'm going to get one of two items. Would you recommend:

http://store.titleboxing.com/jumboball.html

OR

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-t...-wall-bag.html

Assume that cost is no object.

Comment

• Originally posted by slickslysmooth View Post
                      Would it be fine for a person my size (5'6" 130 pounds SHORT arms[filipino]) to use 16-18 oz gloves?
                      its not necessary. get yourself 14 oz gloves thatll be more than enough

Comment

Working...
                      X