X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    Yep, the truth!

How you gonna beat the SOB in that form ? I love Whitaker but he did not fight a Chavez who was in that kind of form.
    It would have been so great to see these guys fight each other between 88-90

Comment

Yep, the truth!

How you gonna beat the SOB in that form ? I love Whitaker but he did not fight a Chavez who was in that kind of form.
      Chavez was a badass, no doubt about it. But I don't see any version of him beating Whitaker. Its just a bad style match up for him.

Comment

So i just scored the Whitaker vs Rivera fight and i thought Rivera won it 7-5.

Comment

Just watched the rematch Whitaker v Rivera and i thought Whitaker won this time, it was however a closer on my card that it was on HBO.

People say Whitaker cant punch but he put Rivera on his ass, he almost knocked Gary Jacobs out in the last round of there fight, he had Haugen on the floor to, he brutalized Hurtado, he has a bit more power than people give him credit for, not a big puncher by any means though.

Comment

Just watched the rematch Whitaker v Rivera and i thought Whitaker won this time, it was however a closer on my card that it was on HBO.

People say Whitaker cant punch but he put Rivera on his ass, he almost knocked Gary Jacobs out in the last round of there fight, he had Haugen on the floor to, he brutalized Hurtado, he has a bit more power than people give him credit for, not a big puncher by any means though.
            That fight against hurtado was one of the great come from behind kos of all time. Whitaker was way behind when he almost killed Hurtado in the 11th.

Comment

Just re-watched Mtagwa-Villa, pure brutality displayed in that fight, the lack of skill just adds to it and the comeback was great. I haven't seen a fight from either of those guys that wasn't entertaining. Had they been names that a casual boxing fan recognized that would of been fight of the year, not the biggest display of skill but the most entertaining fight IMO of that year.

I am trying to track down a copy of Mtagwa's fight with Martin Honorio which from what I have heard is another barnburner.

Tomorrow night I am going to watch "The Bronx Bomber" Alex Ramos' fight with Curtis Parker which I was told was a great slugfest, I will post it on Youtube soon if it lives up to the hype.

Comment

RJ-Hall the last fight I watched.

Comment

Spinks Tangstad
                  Spinks Cooney

Good performances by Spinks.. Why did Cooney seem so disinterested.. He never once, used his right hand in that fight.. Amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                    RJ-Hall the last fight I watched.
                    I wonder if that was the only time BOTH fighters tested positive for steroids in the same fight?

Comment

taylor vs abraham

Comment

Working...
                      X