No announcement yet.

hey guys im new and need some help thanks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys im new and need some help thanks

Hey whats up everyone im 14 is that too old to start boxing? i dont think so but there is 2 local clubs here and I am going to join one, once my rib heals ( i broke it in a 4 wheeler accident). anyway i am 5'6" and about 136lbs with a little extra fat, i lift normally, do boxing and lifting go together? can you guys help me with boxing forms, how to punch, stances, and all that how to hit harder, how to guard, all of that? just wondering cuz i want to box really bad what is a good weight i should be at now for boxing? what weight class should i go for? thanks i know this is a lot of questions, i am gonna do the sledge hammer training with the tire, and gonna buy a heavy bag and make a stand in welding class, whats a good heavy weight bag's weight to start?

Just join a gym, we wont be able to help you with technique or anything on here until you go out and learn the basics. Then after that you can pick up tips and what not. And 14 is not at all too late to start at all. In fact its perfect.

Comment

You don't need a heavy bag.. as a matter of fact you shouldn't buy one. Use the ones at a local gym first. If you buy one and go home and use it for an hour you could be teaching yourself a lot of ****ty habits that are incorrect and it'll be a ***** to work them out.

Comment

Might turn into this guy :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZlGMwuaDAc

Comment

14 is a great ago to start man, I wish I had taken it up seriously then. Like everyone else said, get to a gym first. I trained a lot (years) more or less on my own. Now when I got to my gym, I might have been amazing for a beginner or whatever, and turned some heads, but the reality is that for all the skills I developed on my own, I coulda done that in the gym, and I've also developed a slew of bad habits (mainly hip rotation, range, and lazy hands) that I constantly have to be focusing on, if you watched the vid I posted a few threads back. So find yourself a good gym man, if you work hard, you could still do great, as I said, 14 is probably the best age.

Peace,
          Trick

Comment

i wish i started wen i was 14 i only startd last yr is ther any hope of me goin far?? lol

Comment

lol scab47 i want to know the same thing about me lol.

Comment

It's scab46......... and the 46 has nothing to do with my age it's Valentino Rossi's number in Moto GP. I'm 17.......

I reckon i can still fight amateur, and if your 23 i'm pretty sur eyou'll be bale to aswell

Comment

Originally posted by scab46 View Post
                  i wish i started wen i was 14 i only startd last yr is ther any hope of me goin far?? lol

Rocky Marciano started as an amateur when he was about 21, as I recall. He didn't have the right style to make it in the amateurs but did alright as a pro. Marciano was fanatical with his training. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                  X