Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko still needs to happen! Don't let it die!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Loma fights at 130 now even looking to fight Mikey Garcia at 135 eventually while Rigo still at 122 if I'm not mistaking so NO the potential of that match up is DONE unless Rigo moves up and even then he is not worth moving down to 126 because it is not a big money fight at all and I'm a HUGE Rigo fan but he clearly has the worst team around him who consistently make awful Decisions and now Rigo is 36 years old and very inactive
    This fight was almost made, the only issue was money. Both Rigo and Loma were willing to fight at 126. The weight wasn't an issue. Rigo can fight at 126 and I bet Loma can still make 126.

Rigo does have a terrible team around him, I give you that.

Rigo has two roadblocks in his way: His own team and Arum. And it doesn't help that Loma is unwilling to mention Rigo anymore. Loma not putting any pressure on Arum, means this fight has even less chance of materializing.

Scroll back through this thread and see all the people in boxing including Roy Jones Jr and Tim Bradley who are itching to see this fight come into fruition.

It's sad that we'll miss the once and a lifetime match up... Rigo will continue to dominate without ever facing anyone to test him...and Loma will do that same unless/until he makes it up to 140.

Comment

• Originally posted by darius45 View Post
      Both fighters can still meet at 126. It's the best matchup in the sport bar none. For the first time maybe in boxing history you have a super slick fast technically sound white guy vs a super slick, fast technically sound black guy...Both class acts. Both 2 time gold Olympians... It would be the biggest test of each guy's career. It solidifies the winner a preeminent place in the annals of boxing history.

But the fight needs to get done now before Loma becomes too big.
      2 years ago this fight is a pick em. But at this stage? Rigo would be way in over his head against Loma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finito2K View Post
        2 years ago this fight is a pick em. But at this stage? Rigo would be way in over his head against Loma.
        What stage is that? I don't see Rigo showing any signs of slippage. Loma just got an impressive victory, but it was over someone he was supposed to look impressive against.

Rigo is fighting on the Ward-Kovalev card, so hopefully that puts him back in the mix for for a Lomachenko fight. Although I doubt Max Kellerman will broach the idea of a Lomachenko fight when he does his post-fight interview with Rigo...

This is still the best fight to be made in boxing.

Comment

• Even Mikey Garcia thinks Rigo-Loma is a good fight

Seems like all the real boxing fans and the fighters themselves (like Tim Bradley, Roy Jones Jr) think this is a great match up.

I truly think Arum is scared that Rigo will derail Lomachenko's sudden rise... I don't think Loma is scared, of course, but Arum seems to be the major road block in making this fight a reality.

If Rigo is able to convincingly outpoint Loma in a "boring" fashion, it'll be hard to sell Loma off anymore as "the matrix"... I think this is Arum's fear... I don't personally think Rigo can easily neutralize Loma's offense, but it will be a very close fight.

Comment

• the fight would have happened but rigo refused to move up 4 pounds to 126. blame rigo for the fight not happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
              the fight would have happened but rigo refused to move up 4 pounds to 126. blame rigo for the fight not happening.
              Most recent update I heard, was that they agreed to meet at 126, the only issue was money.

Comment

• Originally posted by darius45 View Post
                What stage is that? I don't see Rigo showing any signs of slippage. Loma just got an impressive victory, but it was over someone he was supposed to look impressive against.

Rigo is fighting on the Ward-Kovalev card, so hopefully that puts him back in the mix for for a Lomachenko fight. Although I doubt Max Kellerman will broach the idea of a Lomachenko fight when he does his post-fight interview with Rigo...

This is still the best fight to be made in boxing.
                Post Agbeko. Rigo's level of inactivity against forgettable opposition coupled with his age doesn't bode well in a potential fight with Lomachenko. Seriously, at age 35, he's ancient for 122-126 lbs.

To make matters worse, he has 0 appeal to anyone who isn't a die hard. This makes him a perpetual B-Side to Lomachenko.

Comment

• I think it is already dead. Loma is talking about 135 not moving down to 126. Rigo seemed like even 126 was a stretch.

Comment

• A catch-weight between Loma & Rigo is still a 1000xs better fight than Vs. The shot to chit Salido rematch.

Comment

• How will Lomachenko respond, if he does at all?

Comment

Working...
                      X