Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone please read if you are a true fan of the "throwback" fighters: who has.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone please read if you are a true fan of the "throwback" fighters: who has.....

Who in last decade meaning since. 2004-2014 has fought the likes of: Shane Mosley (and won ), MargRito when everyone was avoiding him (b4 we found out he was a cheat) btw he then got whooped in rematch, Manny Pac, Floyd Mayweather, Sergio Martinez ( and whooped him). Basically what I'm saying is that there has bee. 1 man who has NEVER ducked anyone. And he didn't win them all but he gave it his all everytime and like Ali, Foreman, Leonard, Hadr, Duran and many more said it's obvious when people duck because they will always come up w a new excuse. But I digress. Miguel Cotto has always fought whoever whenever. I can say the same for Manny bc we know it not his fault Floyd not fighting. But he nonetheless hasn't fought him. Point being Anyone who hates on Cotto bc they claim he only fights "hurt champs" you are cleat a hater and shut ur mouth bc u prob never been in a fight in your life. I ( not sounmg like a badass by any means. ) have been in more than I can count during my career as hockey player and just bar fights. Bottom line is I showed up and won some lost some but I showed up . Cotto not only is an ATG: OF THIS PAST 10 years. But always shows up to fight even when he knows he has an uphill battle. How can people hate on that ?

Cotto is an ATG, and he probably has the best resume of his generation in terms of opposition faced, BUT no one fights everybody and he is no exception.

He never wanted any part of Paul Williams, and at 154 he basically cherrypicked his way to a fight with Floyd. There were very real threats (Dzinziruk, Vanes, Lara, Molina) at jr. middleweight during his title reign, and he didn't fight any of them. Now I know these were high risk low reward fighters, but the fact remains that they were easily better than Foreman, a washed up Mayorga and a one-eyed Margo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Cotto was a ducker at any point. He is the closest thing to a take on all comers warrior in this era. I'm merely pointing out that even he didn't fight everyone that mattered. No one does.

Comment

You know all those guys Cotto was brave enough to fight? They were also brave enough to fight him

What a bunch of warriors

Comment

Cotto not only is an ATG: OF THIS PAST 10 years.
        I don't think that's what "ATG" means

Comment

Working...
        X