No announcement yet.

Ryan Garcia says he deserves to be the main event. Not the undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    He got a PPV fight with Floyd.... That's exactly what you want a fighter to get
    Well I guess you have a point..
    But Victor had a belt when he fought Floyd.
    Ryan don't got shet yet!

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
      Well I guess you have a point..
      But Victor had a belt when he fought Floyd.
      Ryan don't got shet yet!
      True. But his looks and personality will take him further than his skills. You try to position him to get him in a big fight

Comment

True. But his looks and personality will take him further than his skills. You try to position him to get him in a big fight
        Well we have a different view on how a fighter should be promoted...
        We'll just agree to disagree...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          Those are fighting words against GBP. Something must be going on. I don't follow this Garcia's career, but whose undercard is he on?
          That's what I was wondering. What UC was he supposed to be on in September? I don't even know a GBP card taking place on in September. I know there was a rumor that Munguia vs Vargas was going to take place in September but apparently that is a no go now.

As for what is going on? Probably getting things in his ear from Canelo's team since Garcia trains with Reynosa. They likely told him he shouldn't be fighting on anyone's undercards with how much he could sell on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            he wasn’t on pace with tank. He blew past him 🤣 popularity and star power wise.

Just look at the numbers. Ryan Garcia 3 million Instagram followed. Tank has 1.7 million. Garcia is a coupe thousand ahead of Tank on twitter too. Imagine if Ryan had a belt. He’s already twice as popular as Tank now with less fights and no belt.

I hate to break it to you but Ryan Garcia was at Fury-Spence too so I think he goes to all big events and not just GBP and PBC.

I hope eventually Tank can become the star Ryan is at this moment.
            Followers mean nothing because they can be bought. You look at impressions. Garcia has never gotten anywhere near the impressions Tank got his last fight. Garcia has never sold anywhere near the amount of tickets sold as Tank sold.

You see how they were on pace but Ryan's interest has waned while Tank's has skyrocketed

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              That's what I was wondering. What UC was he supposed to be on in September? I don't even know a GBP card taking place on in September. I know there was a rumor that Munguia vs Vargas was going to take place in September but apparently that is a no go now.

As for what is going on? Probably getting things in his ear from Canelo's team since Garcia trains with Reynosa. They likely told him he shouldn't be fighting on anyone's undercards with how much he could sell on his own.
              Aha.. Thanks. Clear.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                Well we have a different view on how a fighter should be promoted...
                We'll just agree to disagree...
                How do you suggest they promote a good looking kid with personality but limited skills?

Comment

How do you suggest they promote a good looking kid with personality but limited skills?
                  I really don't know man! I'm not a promoter so IDK!
                  But promoting a fighter just on looks isn't a good idea I would say...
                  Unless your planning on one good ppv out him then I guess that would work.
                  But Golden Boy promotions isn't a ppv company so I really don't know....
                  Maybe you are right and I'm wrong,..??
                  I just don't know to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                    This kids a bit of a dou*hebag, and the arrogance doesn’t match the talent. But there’s definitely some issues happening at golden boy, and if they lose the big name fighters, they could legitimately go under
                    I was thinking if Oscar lost Canelo and Ryan would they go under? who else brings them the cheddar?

What is Oscars endgame btw? Was he just gonna keep promoting Canelo for the next 20 years thinking that be enough? he should be constantly scouting or developing the next big star right?

Also now that you mention this I remember on DAZN they asked Ryan who he looks up to more Oscar or Canelo and he said hands down Canelo. I think this might have been the first sign that Ryan was gonna jump ship or Canelo might do his own promotions and sign Ryan? I dont know?

Comment

Followers mean nothing because they can be bought. You look at impressions. Garcia has never gotten anywhere near the impressions Tank got his last fight. Garcia has never sold anywhere near the amount of tickets sold as Tank sold.

You see how they were on pace but Ryan's interest has waned while Tank's has skyrocketed

ryan has always had a huge amount amount of followers. He’s been so more popular than the Charlo brothers for so long because he brings in the young crowd and more importantly the womens.

Followers actually mean everything. Especially since twitter and IG cracked down on buying followers. Plus fighting a bum he sold a ton of tickets at stubhub with only a dozen or so fights. I think tank can get as popular as him though soon but the problem tank has is he can’t speak very good good English and he just doesn’t draw the women like Ryan Garcia does. To be fair ryan probably brings more females than just about any fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X