Bob Arum and Frank Warren on Dillian Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum and Frank Warren on Dillian Whyte

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/30/bob-a...test-10486285/

Bob Arum has branded Eddie Hearn and the British Boxing Board of Control a ‘disgrace’ for the way they handled Dillian Whyte’s failed drug test.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...ve-drugs-test/

Warren has questioned why his B sample wasn’t tested before the fight in an attempt to provide some quicker clarity on the matter.
    He continued: “Why didn’t they have that done?

“Whatever it costs, they could’ve got that done, but they didn’t. They continued to sell tickets, they continued to sell pay-per-views and carried on promoting the show as if nothing was wrong.

“Rivas – who at that time was undefeated – was standing alongside them at press conferences and weigh-ins, not knowing what’s going on.

“How can UKAD allow that to happen? Or the Boxing Board of Control, how could they allow that to happen?”

I love when other promoters act like they are above the rest. GTFO, who knows how Arum and Warren would have handled this if they were in Hearn's shoes, likely the same way. My only gripe with Hearn was how he acted like he had high morals. That was BS as are Warren and Arum saying all this when they very well could have done the same thing.

Either one of them would sign a PED cheat today if that fighter had a name. Truth is, no promoter gives a crap about drug cheats, if those fighters could benefit their company.

Comment

It is a disgrace.

When people are dying in the ring, how can you let a fighter who has just failed a test fight and not tell the opponent? Imagine Rivas was the 3rd death in the ring in recent times, imagine the shi.t storm that would cause when Whyte being dirty was all kept a secret.

It’s not about Whyte failing the test, it’s about their process of not informing the other team and letting them unknowingly get in the ring with a dirty fighter. It’s disgusting and wrong on every level. I can’t see what the logic behind it is.

Comment

Does anyone think Bob or Frank would have canceled the fight?

Idk about that.

But the point I care about is this sh^t shouldn't be how its done. Either you got popped & you are done til we figure out why you popped or you finish your suspension. If the former happened in this Whyte situation I believe they'd have spoken on it already so that leads me to believe the fact Whyte got around this situation was purely on a technicality that may or may not have been on the UK commission entirely or pushed along by Eddie with threat of a lawsuit due to lost money on this card or just via his power in the US boxing world. But regardless of the specifics this sh^t is wrong & it shouldn't be happening regardless of the boxers or promoters involved in the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          I love when other promoters act like they are above the rest. GTFO, who knows how Arum and Warren would have handled this if they were in Hearn's shoes, likely the same way. My only gripe with Hearn was how he acted like he had high morals. That was BS as are Warren and Arum saying all this when they very well could have done the same thing.

Either one of them would sign a PED cheat today if that fighter had a name. Truth is, no promoter gives a crap about drug cheats, if those fighters could benefit their company.
          Didn't Bob and Don King used to bribe the IBF? I mean, what Hearn did is wrong but Bob is just doing what he can to hurt his competitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Does anyone think Bob or Frank would have canceled the fight?

Idk about that.

But the point I care about is this sh^t shouldn't be how its done. Either you got popped & you are done til we figure out why you popped or you finish your suspension. If the former happened in this Whyte situation I believe they'd have spoken on it already so that leads me to believe the fact Whyte got around this situation was purely on a technicality that may or may not have been on the UK commission entirely or pushed along by Eddie with threat of a lawsuit due to lost money on this card or just via his power in the US boxing world. But regardless of the specifics this sh^t is wrong & it shouldn't be happening regardless of the boxers or promoters involved in the situation.

The fact that Rivas and his camp were not notified is the big issue. No one is expecting the promoter to just cancel the fight but a guy tested positive for steroids and his competitor was kept in the dark. Would all promotors act in this fashion? Personally I think Dibella would do the right thing. As for Arum and Warren, who knows!

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
              The fact that Rivas and his camp were not notified is the big issue.
              I disagree. The big issue is that Whyte was allowed to fight with anabolic steroids in his system.

Rivas not being advised that the fight was up in the air & specifically the reason it was up in the air is a problem, but its not the big problem.

Would all promotors act in this fashion? Personally I think Dibella would do the right thing. As for Arum and Warren, who knows!
              I think who knows turns into who cares real quick for Arum & Warren. In fact I'd not be surprised if Warren has a situation like this in his past since this is how the UK operates & he's in the UK.

I think being in this sorta situation would be a unique thing for Arum to be involved in, but if he operated in the UK I have little doubt he'd also be w/e about it. This is a mfer who paid off ABC groups & fixed fights. He's not on no moral high ground.

I suspect Lou would tell the opposing fighter whats up so he gots that going for him. But these other two f#ckheads I highly doubt would look out for anyone except their fighter & their event.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I disagree. The big issue is that Whyte was allowed to fight with anabolic steroids in his system.

Rivas not being advised that the fight was up in the air & specifically the reason it was up in the air is a problem, but its not the big problem.

I think who knows turns into who cares real quick for Arum & Warren. In fact I'd not be surprised if Warren has a situation like this in his past since this is how the UK operates & he's in the UK.

I think being in this sorta situation would be a unique thing for Arum to be involved in, but if he operated in the UK I have little doubt he'd also be w/e about it. This is a mfer who paid off ABC groups & fixed fights. He's not on no moral high ground.

I suspect Lou would tell the opposing fighter whats up so he gots that going for him. But these other two f#ckheads I highly doubt would look out for anyone except their fighter & their event.
                I agree. By "big issue" I meant that if they were going to allow Whyte to fight then Rivas should have been notified. The whole situation seems seedy and shady. Boxing sometimes is still stuck in the 1950's. I love the sport but too much corruption. Won't stop me from going to the fights though.lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
                  I agree. By "big issue" I meant that if they were going to allow Whyte to fight then Rivas should have been notified. The whole situation seems seedy and shady. Boxing sometimes is still stuck in the 1950's. I love the sport but too much corruption. Won't stop me from going to the fights though.lol!
                  100% on the bolded. This is a bad look for the players involved, but sadly a standard Boxing Is Sketchy narrative that everyone is disturbingly used to.

Comment

Working...
                  X