No announcement yet.

Arum was right, PBC doesn’t share its toys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum was right, PBC doesn’t share its toys

There was a time when I thought everyone was to blame but now I’ve come to realize that PBC will never allow us to see the matchups we want and it’s all on them.

I can just go through the entire roster and point to so many people that have avoided the matchups we want to see. And now seen enough evidence of everyone else working together to know who’s at fault.

We know the smaller outlets like Main Events will go anywhere and fight anyone. We know Golden Boy will do business with most everyone now, as will Warren, Matchroom seems open to everyone and Top Rank does too.

But PBC has way too much history not making fights outside of their promotional banner.

Luis Neary isn’t in the WBSS at 118.

Carl Frampton was only able to get Leo Santa Cruz when he was with pbc. A third fight isn’t even mentioned now that he’s not with them.

There isn’t any talk of Santa Cruz or Gary Russell Jr. unifying with anyone besides each other and they won’t even get that done

Tank Davis talks about fighting other champions but every champion at 130 and 135 is promoted by someone else so he doesn’t fight them. The best shot for him to fight a champion is Russell Jr. because they’re both with PBC and even that seems unlikely.

Both Jorge Linares and Vasyl Lomachenko wanted to fight Mikey Garcia. They ended up fighting each other instead. Garcia only unified against Robert Easter at lightweight, a PBC fighter. He moved up to 140 to fight Sergey Lipinets, a PBC fighter, for another title.

While everyone is calling for Spence and Crawford to fight, PBC posts a graphic of welterweight champions that doesn’t even show Crawford as being a champion. They’re building towards Pacquiao vs. Spence for three titles. Who knows if they’ll even mention Crawford in that broadcast?

Jaime Munguia has never been mentioned as a potential opponent for the PBC 154 pound champions ever.

Charlo doesn’t want to fight anyone not with PBC at 160, unless they’re named Canelo.

While BJS and Callum Smith have held conversations about unifying, no one even thinks it’s possible they could unify with the two PBC champions, who are also not discussing fighting each other.

Adonis Stevenson held the WBC title hostage for years at 175. Now that he doesn’t have it, there’s almost immediate talks of a unification fight between Gvozdyk and Beterbiev.

And finally Deontay Wilder holding the WBC hostage until he started fighting guys like Luis Ortiz and Tyson Fury.

Wasn't Nery picked up by the PBC after the WBSS started?

Comment

Then scratch him from the list lol.

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Wasn't Nery picked up by the PBC after the WBSS started?

Comment

Of course Bob says that after he shared his first toy (JCR) in forf#ckingever.

Bob clutches his toys closer to his chest than PBC does doe.

Comment

Collazo
          Rivas
          Charles Martin
          Andy Ruiz
          Sulecki
          Jacobs
          Felix Diaz
          Fortuna
          Payano
          Szpilka

Just a few names off the top of my head who are PBC fighters who have fought on other networks recently.

Comment

lol@thinking loma wanted to fight mikey garcia

Comment

the pbc wont make fights outside of their stable when they have a deep stable in said division...thats why you get lara/hurd....hurd/jrock....charlo/harrison....and the WWs fighting each other...because they have good enough matchups in house to do so....and every other outfit in the business would do the same in that circumstance

its hilarious how u mention stevenson and how gvozdyk/beterbiev are in "talks"...yet its just talks..and u fail to mention that stevenson defended against the guy from another outfit....it was staring u right in the face...

ask oscar how willing he is to throw munguia in with hurd or charlo.....

you are confusing people protecting their network investments with refusing to work with other guys.....of course haymon is going to feed his own matchups to the networks that are paying him for it.....

u had tank calling out tevin farmer last night and saying "oh trust me it can get done".....but how willing are they to have farmer come over and fight on showtime? ask yourself that....cause i bet showtime would be willing to put up for it

Comment

They’re all supposed to be victims and they’re getting a shot at another promoters title. They ain’t sharing a champion.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Collazo
                Rivas
                Charles Martin
                Andy Ruiz
                Sulecki
                Jacobs
                Felix Diaz
                Fortuna
                Payano
                Szpilka

Just a few names off the top of my head who are PBC fighters who have fought on other networks recently.

Comment

Neither did Bob!

When he had Manny, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito... Bob Mastered The In House Fights! He is a bit frustrated that he doesn't have ALL THE TOYS at 147 anymore. Arum mastered it so much that he would give fans rematches nobody wanted to see and would force feed it to the fans

That being said, I want to see the Big Fights consistently in boxing so I don't care who has more toys or better toys.

Comment

Arum is a cancer. But Haymon is the bigger cancer.

Comment

Working...
                    X