Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you favor Louis to Beat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He could beat most fighters that couldn't break an egg, and less boxers with a punch.

Any fighter can win with a lucky punch.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Valuev couldn't even beat the carcass of ancient Holyfield.

U blind?
      - -Nah, U stuuupid-

Nobody wanted to beat on a shot, unlicensed fighter then and now...Duh!

U better suited to pro 'rasslin' with their sculpted hunks better suited to U blind adorations.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
        Only Ali would potentially be favored over Louis. Louis, like Ali, had a unusually high level of skill unmatched by any heavyweight before or since. It would be very difficult for the slower moving large heavyweights today to avoid his trip hammer combinations. The highest odds to beat Louis would be the ATG boxers Ali, Tunney and Holmes. Of these three Holmes propensity to be hit with right hands spells doom as this was Joes deadliest punch.
        - -Louis had more classically demonstrable skills than Ali who was solely dependent on an unorthodox style alloyed with overly abundant physical attributes. As he aged out of those youthful attributes, he literally became a sitting duck sitting on the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by ron davis View Post
          He could beat most fighters that couldn't break an egg, and less boxers with a punch.

Any fighter can win with a lucky punch.
          I understand he COULD beat many fighters, but of those listed who do you think he WOULD beat more often than not?

Louis is smaller and/or slower than most heavyweight champs, doesnt really have noticeably great defensive skills (though I think his head movement and judgement of distance are underrated), and hit the canvas a number of times. Due to all of this, he seems to be rated poorly in h2h analysis.

Thats why I wanted to see how everyone would rate him against a list of heavyweight champion greats using numerical predictions odds, pcts, etc. So I can start to see more precisely how great people think he was; as opposed to just platitude and cliches. No offense intended, just trying to explain why I wanted more exact info.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
            I understand he COULD beat many fighters, but of those listed who do you think he WOULD beat more often than not?

Louis is smaller and/or slower than most heavyweight champs, doesnt really have noticeably great defensive skills (though I think his head movement and judgement of distance are underrated), and hit the canvas a number of times. Due to all of this, he seems to be rated poorly in h2h analysis.

Thats why I wanted to see how everyone would rate him against a list of heavyweight champion greats using numerical predictions odds, pcts, etc. So I can start to see more precisely how great people think he was; as opposed to just platitude and cliches. No offense intended, just trying to explain why I wanted more exact info.
            - -No precision in what you offer.

All conjecture, some educated and some not.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
              - -No precision in what you offer.

All conjecture, some educated and some not.
              What precision do I need to offer (the standard variables have already been established)? I am asking for everyone's guess, educated or otherwise. And to put a value on that guess.

Comment

Any top rated southpaw heavyweight would definitely beat Louis. Like a Heavyweight Hector 'Macho' Camacho. You can also add Tyson to his list! Peace.

Comment

[QUOTE=DeeMoney;20577356]

Putting Joe chances in %, ie Joe has a 60% chance of beating him.

Fury- 60
                  W. Klitschko-20
                  V. Klitschko- 20
                  Lewis-40
                  Tyson-zero
                  Foreman-zero
                  Frazier-50
                  Ali-60
                  Liston-60
                  Marciano- 50
                  Charles-70
                  Tunney- 70
                  Dempsey- 40

Comment

I personally think Louis does a lot better woth extra weight.

He boiled down to prevent being completely out-sped. Bit against lumbering behemoths that's not an issue.

Tunney, Dempsey and Usyk are the only guys his size that beat him.

While he surely beats a lot of challengers better than others did, against champions i'm not sure his results are so great. Let's not forgethe was often rattled and more than once one of the "Bums" decked him.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
                      What precision do I need to offer (the standard variables have already been established)? I am asking for everyone's guess, educated or otherwise. And to put a value on that guess.
                      - -U said Joe was small and knocked down a lot, so right off the bat U got Ali in the same category, so whoever beats one, beats the other.

Thing is Joe had many more wins and less losses than did Ali, so right off the bat in U format, that advantage favors Joe. And since size is important to your format , any heavy titlist bigger than they wins right off the bat, so now we down to smaller fighters who could beat them, so in U format, none could cuz size matters!

Comment

Working...
                      X