No announcement yet.

Canelo will stop Kovalev with body shots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo will stop Kovalev with body shots

It's academic. Canelo is the best body puncher in the game and Kovalev is weak to the mid section. Canelo will be tiny in there but he will dig into the body and the Krusher will fold up like a cheap suit in the middle rounds.

I'd rather see Canelo vs GGG 3
    Canelo-Andrade
    CANELO-Charlo
    Or even Canelo-Saunders honestly.

Kovalev being weak to the body is a myth. He ran out of gas in the second Ward fight but that was due to poor training habits which have since been corrected. Also Ward hit him with a great right hand to the jaw which did much more damage then any body shot. His legs were gone after that. He can take body shots just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      It's academic. Canelo is the best body puncher in the game and Kovalev is weak to the mid section. Canelo will be tiny in there but he will dig into the body and the Krusher will fold up like a cheap suit in the middle rounds.

I'd rather see Canelo vs GGG 3
      Canelo-Andrade
      CANELO-Charlo
      Or even Canelo-Saunders honestly.
      The size difference would be huge, that fight could be Canelo's biggest mistake, he would never fight above 168 and even at 168 he is very small

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
        The size difference would be huge, that fight could be Canelo's biggest mistake, he would never fight above 168 and even at 168 he is very small
        Define huge. How many pounds do you think Kovalev will have on Canelo?

Comment

with no weight restrictions I can't really favor Canelo here...he does have a path to victory if he can get to the body...but Kov still has serious power and to get inside he would have to eat some heavy shots...may be a case of everyone has a plan until they get punched...I could see it going similar to Hopkins Kov in a way where after feeling Kov's power Canelo is content to survive...and then possibly tries to get inside in the later rounds.

Comment

Working...
          X