Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if a black guy were to play Tony Montana in the new Scarface movie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    What is interesting is the fact that scarface didn't get positive reviews when it came out.

It wasn't until years later when it started getting praise.

And no, Pacino not speaking Spanish doesn't matter.

His performance is what made the film a classic. He does look Latino and his performance, and THAT ALONE, is what made the film what it is today.

Because let's be honest, the screenplay of that movie was kinda kitchy and lame.
    Yep, he looked the part and acted his ass off which is all that matters.

Scarface was a low budget production and nobody knew it would blow up the way it did.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
      Scarface was Cuban u fool. Google Cubans
      Fool, I'm just pointing out AN EXAMPLE of when colors change on a character and no one complaining if it it's done well.

Now, all we have to do is wait for a non black to grab a black role to see if the considerations are returned (Shaft seems to be the go to character).

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
        We don't need fictional characters as hero. We have real life heros, we don't get butt hurt over fiction. I get it your people have no real heros, so get mad over cartoon character.

Triggered much. Plus nobody I know is asking for a authentic Scarface or a black mermaid.
        You do realize you got triggered from someone who didn't even quote you.....

Seems as if some cultures need to infiltrate movies that have established characters instead of creating their own characters.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          it would be nothing new, white people have been playing different races in hollywood for over 100 years
          except they actually play REAL people OF DIFFERENT RACES NOT FICTIONAL CHARACTERS...

stop crying about fictional nonesense
          Should I post up White Girls ?!?!?!?

Stop worrying about how others feel about lazy movie making. TBF, some people should be sick and tired of this trend.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            Should I post up White Girls ?!?!?!?

Stop worrying about how others feel about lazy movie making. TBF, some people should be sick and tired of this trend.
            lol, you are the one who seems to be up in arms about nothing at all..i just exposed your ignorance

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              lol, you are the one who seems to be up in arms about nothing at all..i just exposed your ignorance
              I'm merely having a convo in a thread....no feelings (unless a person invents them).

If only there were more iconic non white fictional (or otherwise) for us to infiltrate..... Any suggestions ???

If the non white character was created by a white person, that doesn't count.

I still say people should be tired of lazy movie making.

Comment

Working...
              X