Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Garcia "Chavez Jr would not have lost if I was in his corner"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia would fall victim to the "buddy mcgirt" effect.

I used to think Mcgirt was a **** trainer because his guys always lost. Dont get me wrong he still is a **** trainer because I dont see him giving any advice at all inbetween rounds other than to "drink some water baby" but looking at most of those fights, he almost always had the less skilled fighter who was expected to loose. Which makes sense because the lesser fighter had the cheaper trainer than say roach or steward. It didnt matter what Mcgirt said or did in training and during the fight because his guy was outclassed period.

Same for Chavez Jr, he is plain outclassed by Martinez and his bad and lazy training habits would have remained with him no matter what trainer he had this fight. Garcia isnt going to undo years of bad habits and magically give him defense and speed within 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
      It's not just Chavez and Arum smoking that kush.
      You probably dont want Arum's kush. His cheap penny pinching ass has to have some real garbage quality weed. Probably cut with cooking parsley he bought at the dollar store.

Comment

Chavez was scared to trade, wtf is garcia gonna do to change that

Comment

It would not have mattered who was in the corner for Chavez..If he is in the ring with Martinez,he get;s an L...

Comment

Wow this dude has been talking so damn much. He's getting annoying.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by oscar_angels091 View Post
              chavez would have lost no matter who was in the corner..jcc jr just sucks!
              True, because he wouldn't have listened to them anyway.

Comment

Yeah from birth..... Not 8 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Was he going to throw JCC Jr. a steel chair and distract the ref because that is about the only way him being in the corner would have made a difference.

Sometimes trainer can make a difference but I don't think JCC Jr.was trying to listen to anyone before this fight, maybe that is different now.
                  lmfao.....................

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    Garcia would fall victim to the "buddy mcgirt" effect.

I used to think Mcgirt was a **** trainer because his guys always lost. Dont get me wrong he still is a **** trainer because I dont see him giving any advice at all inbetween rounds other than to "drink some water baby" but looking at most of those fights, he almost always had the less skilled fighter who was expected to loose. Which makes sense because the lesser fighter had the cheaper trainer than say roach or steward. It didnt matter what Mcgirt said or did in training and during the fight because his guy was outclassed period.

Same for Chavez Jr, he is plain outclassed by Martinez and his bad and lazy training habits would have remained with him no matter what trainer he had this fight. Garcia isnt going to undo years of bad habits and magically give him defense and speed within 2 months.
                    "Bad News Buddy" is ****e and I've seen him lose with the favored fighter many times as well.

"Do it like we did in the gym baby, in the gym!" -- "Bad News" Buddy McGirt

"Imma stop the fight, I love you too much to see you take this kind of a beating baby!" -- "Bad News" Buddy McGirt
                    Last edited by The Nephilim; 09-26-2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                      JCC Jr. sucks so bad, Martinez should get no credit for winning that fight.

He beat a bum. So what?

Is that really what you are implying?...
                      Personally, I never called Chavez a bum, he's a Top 5 MW. However, it was a mismatch on paper, and Jr's lack of discipline made the fight much less competitive than what we were all expecting.

Comment

Working...
                      X