No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Weighs in at 146 ; Errol Spence Comes in at 146

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    I like both guys, but I'll be supporting Kell for sure, gotta go with the UK guy in a 50/50 rivalry fight like this. I am picking Spence to win though, by late stoppage.

The trolls will have content regardless of the outcome.

I meant who you're supporting in the FA Cup final btw
    Chelseaaaaaaa!!!! you didn't ask me but i thought about giving my opinion anyway since most here don't watch football

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
      Spencer being put to sleep

The hype ends, he is way out of his depth
      Mesmerizing sig.

Comment

You should be ashamed of the way you snuck into the CL this season.

I've got little faith in our players and especially manager, I think we're gonna get done over and that's gonna somewhat ruin my mood going into the fight.
        Hahaha Europa League is sort of looked at as the dirty back door but hey it's better than nothing and it's probably going to be Arsenals best bet to get back into the CL

Arsenal are almost always useless against Chelsea when it matters so logic says Chelsea easy but heart hopes for Arsenal to upset the odds.

Comment

Kell looks very focused and ready. Both guys do.

Chocolate brownies are coming all night baybeh
          Well, not before the second weigh-in, but then Brook will be on the chocolate brownies non-stop until the fight starts. He'll have a plate of them piled high next to the scales, smothered in chocolate custard - ready to be demolished.

Unfortunately, its the only thing he'll be able to demolish before the end of the fight.

Spence by convincing beat-down.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveM;17704233]
            Originally posted by Luilun View Post

Well he was the challenger. By not attending the weigh-in he didn't get to fight for the ibf title - but in his case he could have won the wba/wbc/ibo titles still.

If Golovkin hadn't successfully weighed in then the title would have become vacant. That is my understanding.

Brook only has the ibf title so if he loses it he would have to start all over again. If he had no intention of defending it he could have just given it up to fight at 154 or hope to get the khan fight.
            Yeah, that's how it works. GGG didn't ask the IBF permission for a none title fight, so he had to do the IBF weight check and defend the IBF title .. against a guy who couldn't win it, even if he won the fight!

Crazy, but true! If the challenger doesn't make weight, he can't win the title .. but the champion can still lose it.
            Last edited by kafkod; 05-26-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              LMAO, damn......Brook straight BOSSED Spence. Who knows, Spence might get torn up in there tomorrow....he looks in over his head a lil bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Look at this little twerp Kell Brook...how pitiful looking ; he looks dehydrated didnt even have enough energy to give a convincing shout when he stepped on the scales -- I guess reality is starting to sink in.
                Hope you are joking , pitful looking LOL , you never looked that good in your best dreams , reality will sink in for you tomorrow once Spence understands whats going on !!! MAY THE BEST MAN WIN !!! HYPED !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  You seem to have interpreted what I said as a negative.

I never said he only took the fight for this, that, or the other. I said I believe in the build up they were expecting Brook to have a hard time making weight and to be a lesser fighter after the Golovkin fight; I believe that to be a false belief.
                  You said Spence team miscalculated the timing of this fight. They had nothing to do with the timing of this fight. Them wanting this fight had nothing to do with the GGG-BROOK fight. I didn't misinterpret you. Another user pointed out the same thing.

Comment

Spence was not taken aback by anything like some say, everyone looks ripped at weigh in, but skills pays the bills. None of them looked shook or anything, it will be good while it last. Chocolate brownies versus Spence's body bob-ombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      You said Spence team miscalculated the timing of this fight. They had nothing to do with the timing of this fight. Them wanting this fight had nothing to do with the GGG-BROOK fight. I didn't misinterpret you. Another user pointed out the same thing.

I said I think they seemed to think Brook was going to be a lesser fighter due the the aforementioned weight cut, loss and eye injury. That, in my eyes, is a miscalculation.

At no point did I say they only wanted the fight due to the timing. You're a Spence fan and have taken it the way you wanted to.

Comment

Working...
                      X