Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Crawford The Most Skilled Jr Welter of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
    I can't think of any 140 pounder throughout history that has dominated the division more than Crawford has. Yes, Pryor, Manny Antonio, Delahoya, Mosley, Kostya, Chavez Sr, and Wilfred were great. But they never dominated the division in the same fashion as Crawford has. Plus, none of them had the same skill set as Crawford does. Crawford is a blend of Marc Too Sharp Johnson, Marvin Hagler, and Pernell all in one.
    I think 140 Timothy Bradley would have given Crawford a tough fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      It's not a love or hate issue. It's a matter of you being stupid. Khan didn't have any where near as impressive run as Crawford at any weight and he's not as good. You'll have to deal with that reality.

Crawford toyed with the fighter (Breidis Prescott) that knocked Khan out in the first round
      Khan beat Maidana, Kotelnik, Judah and Paulie at the weight and in the opinions of most beat Peterson too.

TCs best win is a tint Gamboa and Postol.

So can you explain to me without resorting to childish name calling how TC has a better 140 pound career than Khan ?

Comment

But how? Didn't Khan lose to Garcia at 140? Or was that at 147.
        He lost to Garcia at 1400, after Garcia was a late replacement following Peterson testing positive for PEDs.

But before that Khan simply has the better wins. He looked spectacular against Paulie and Judah, who would both go on to good wins after the loss, with Paulie winning a title in a higher weight division and arguably beating a then p4p Broner.

Khans best win and a pretty dominant one outside of the rounds in which he was wobbled comes over Maidana, who had battered Ortiz and would go onto give Mayweather is toughest fight since Cotto.

TC has nowhere near the level of those wins at 140. I'd say Gamboa but he was grossly undersized at 140. That's it.

Comment

Crawford is great n one of my current fav but I think it's too early to call him one of the best at 140 ever.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Khan beat Maidana, Kotelnik, Judah and Paulie at the weight and in the opinions of most beat Peterson too.

TCs best win is a tint Gamboa and Postol.

So can you explain to me without resorting to childish name calling how TC has a better 140 pound career than Khan ?
            Good point. People forget how dominant Khan was at that weight. If he had a chin he would be p4p top 10.

Comment

Good point. People forget how dominant Khan was at that weight. If he had a chin he would be p4p top 10.
              IF Khan was on that run now, I'd see him as p4p top 10 it's just back then there was so much more quality on display it was difficult to put Khan inside the top 10.

Comment

No he's not, good fighter, but not goat@140

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                  No he's not, good fighter, but not goat@140
                  Who would beat him at 140? Chavez, Tszyu, Wilfred, Looche? I just dont think these guys could handle his insane versatility.

Comment

Love Bud's mean technical style. However, Floyd would have given him a boxing lesson and prime Pac KOs him. Both would have been too fast for him.

Comment

Who would beat him at 140? Chavez, Tszyu, Wilfred, Looche? I just dont think these guys could handle his insane versatility.
                      He got hurt and knocked down vs a no defense Gamboa, anyone with good straight punches could hurt him, Floyd would beat him, prime Manny would imo beat him, tszyu had excellent timing vs skilled boxers, only lost to strong brawlers, 1 shot from him would've ended it.

All that being said, I like Crawford, hes an excellent fighter, I think he beats Garcia's ass, and likely most 140 lb guys right now...at 147? Ehhh, that might be pushing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X