Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto vs. Yoshihiro Kamegai Could Be Pushed Back To July

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I think that if Kirkland began a fight with Cotto the way he started out the first minute or so against Canelo, Cotto could find himself in a lot of trouble. A guy with Canelo's size could weather that kind of storm...but I'm not exactly sure how Cotto would have dealt with that.

Kamegai is durable, but doesn't pose a Kiirkland-style, brute-force threat....which is why I think Kamegai is a much better match-up for Cotto.
    imo thats all he has durability... which is cool to a degree but there's no way cotto loses to kamegai

Comment

They can push it all the way to December cuz nobody wants to see this total mismatch anyway

Comment

Miguel fighting bums like usual... zzz

Comment

who the fuk is Yoshihiro Kamegai

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
            Call me crazy, but I think that if Kirkland began a fight with Cotto the way he started out the first minute or so against Canelo, Cotto could find himself in a lot of trouble. A guy with Canelo's size could weather that kind of storm...but I'm not exactly sure how Cotto would have dealt with that.

Kamegai is durable, but doesn't pose a Kiirkland-style, brute-force threat....which is why I think Kamegai is a much better match-up for Cotto.
            kirkland hasnt put anyone in a lot of trouble in a long long time. kirkland seems like a lost fighter in there.

kamegai doesnt have great boxing skills but he's pretty much like the asian version of margarito. great stamina, come forward and throw lots of punches, and can take a punch too!

this is the type of style that cotto has problems with, not no james kirkland. cotto would have ko/tko kirkland if they fought.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              the guy that did more work to robert guerrero than TBE did.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

im a huge cotto fan but this fight is worse than the kirkland fight..
                I love Cotto too. I got married in Vieques! SALUTE! The perfect fight would be Cotto vs. Danny Garcia @ 152. Cotto was willing to go down for Marquez, why not DSG? DSG should understand the significance of 152, so 'nuff said! Just dreamin' sun! Don't forget Mama! ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post

https://youtu.be/GqvtLbvwwJA

https://youtu.be/hh1kXf1W5os

Here you go,
                  this is him right here ^^^^^^^

Enjoy!
                  Last edited by The Time; 05-12-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

I don't know why he just doesn't go and fight Tim Bradley honestly. That's a fight I would actually be interested in and HBO would definetly pick it up on Ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by Shams627 View Post
                      I don't know why he just doesn't go and fight Tim Bradley honestly. That's a fight I would actually be interested in and HBO would definetly pick it up on Ppv.

That's what he's looking at next in the fall. A big name for PPV like Bradley, Marquez, etc...

With this situation now with the turn around time after the Kirkland fallout and being out of the ring almost 19 months by the time he fights. They just want to get back in the ring, shake off the rust and prepare for a big fight in the fall. It's a showcase tune up fight. The fall fight will be the PPV fight. Hopefully it's Bradley or someone good for the PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X