Did You Know One Judge Had De La Hoya Up In The Hopkins Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You Know One Judge Had De La Hoya Up In The Hopkins Fight

Keith McDonald had De La Hoya up 77-75 (5-3), wtf lol

The way the fight resulted doesn't really matter anyways.

Comment

Yes, I remember a judge had him in front. Hopkins was way out of Oscar's class and the fight wasn't close at all.If the fight had gone 12 rounds that judge would have robbed Hopkins.Hopkins knew how popular Oscar was and he wasn't going to let the fight go to the cards.

Comment

It's not as absurd as it sounds.. have you guys actually seen this fight?

Hopkins did absolutely nothing for the first 6 rds.. he was just stalking him, toying with Oscar, but had hardly any activity. Oscar won a bunch of early rounds. Then Hopkins stopped playing around and beat oscars ass for like 3 rds and then boom the body shot
        It's not a shock that Oscar was ahead on a scorecard

Comment

Oscar is 5 division world champion, at middleweight he was far away from his elite performances, he should have lost against Sturm, but Sturm got his revenge on many fighters with the same treatment.
          At 154 Dela Hoya was still great, but you can only move so far before going down.

Comment

Sounds about right, If I remember correctly Oscar was holding his own until he got blasted in the body. (2 be fair it's one of those fights I only watched live & just the once)

Comment

If you see the fight, DLH is the one forcing the action. Even the commentators are suprised by it and they mention multiple times "when is Hopkins actually going to do something?"

They even question how DLH appears so strong at the weight. It's one of the many reasons that KO is frowned upon.

I for one do not believe it was a dive. Hopkins simply landed a perfect body shot.

Comment

I noticed it but the stoppage was inevitable.

Comment

Why we talking about a scorecard for a fight between two guys who are retired? Thought someone bumped an old thread til I looked at the dates.

Comment

It's been a while since seeing this fight but I remember DLH fighting almost effortlessly in the early rounds before he was served with a plate of liver & onions.

Comment

Working...
                    X