Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Roman Gonzalez give Donnie Nietes a shot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Roman Gonzalez give Donnie Nietes a shot?

Donnie Nietes is the #1 guy at Light Flyweight and has been at the top for quite some time. He became the Philippines longest reigning champion recently. Is Nietes worth the time for Gonzalez? It would be a decent name from a veteran champion. However Gonzalez may look towards Super Flyweight in the coming year.

Nietes has decent speed, good offense/defense, and can throw combinations on the inside, although not as agile as Gonzalez in the center of the ring and would probably be at a power deficit but I think the general consensus will be that Gonzalez is too much of a talent and does everything better.

But Nietes has proven himself to be a great champion and would be a decent fight if Gonzalez is a busy fighter.

Nietes fought last week at the StubHub in California.

Noway, Gonzalez is a division above and should be fighting the other champs, so unify with Amnat or Estrada. There's really not much else in the division and these are the only fights he should have next. Are he could move up and fight one of the japs.

Comment

if he beats him does that mean roman becomes the filicutioner?

Comment

No anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post

No anytime soon.
          Interesting. I did read Nietes wants Gonzalez and he's got nothing to lose at this point in his career. He has made history as a Filipino champion become their longest reigning champion surpassing Flash Elorde.

I think Nietes would move up to Super Flyweight if he had to fight him.

Comment

Working...
          X