Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone check out the recent Ring P4P Ratings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev deserves more respect. He has beaten better fighters than Golovkin has and in similar fashion. The rest of the list I don't mind. My question for those complaining. Who else would you put there?

Comment

top 11 now?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        It's not strictly about resume, but anyone in the top ten P4P has to be doing it against the highest level of opponents, at least against a good championship level opponent certainly, otherwise there is too many questions that could arise. Too many fighters look amazing against lower to decent level guys then flaws come out all over the place against top level guys. That's why resume is so important. It shows that you're doing it at the highest level, or not.

Looking good is one thing, but winning against top guys is everything. Otherwise, why not put Loma in? He's looking P4P good against mostly stiffs. We do know, luckily, that he struggled mightily and lost when he fought his best opponent though, even if he happened to be a well past prime opponent.

So no, it's not strictly about resume, but resume really tells the full story of a fighter. When someone isn't fighting top quality guys, then their story is full of questions and no one will ever know it.
        Weight class ranking is about resume. P4P is a mix of many things: performance, resume, how well fighter x would do if everyone were near the same size and even then it's watered down since "A side" can cherry pick everything, from ring size even down to the gloves to make himself look better than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
          Just when I thought they finally got rid of Bradleys overrated ass, they go and make it a top 11 list.

lmaooo. i wonder how much bob arum paid for them to add that extra 11 lol

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
            I just checked, isn't Pac #6? I still don't understand why Crawford is in the top 10, he's done even less than GGG (who people criticize like crazy). GGG is too high, Kovalev should be higher than him. At least Uchiyama is getting some respect. He deserves to be higher than Yamanaka though. I think Golden Boy has Yamanaka ranked higher because they want Randy Caballero to take him (I think Yamanaka does deserve a spot in the top 10 though, just no above Uchiyama but both definitely above Crawford and possibly a few others; these guys have dominated their weight classes for some time now). Yamanaka will beat Caballero pretty easily imo.
            my bad yeah. i was so stupefied by that list i think i missed Pac

Comment

Working...
            X