Miguel Cotto vs Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
    Because he's a draw.

Hate this fight, it's a ***** move. Fcuk the catchweight(and an absurd one it is, 156?!) and this opponent. Hopefully HBO tells him to go fcuk himself and ends this nonsense.
    HBO will not do that. They can promote this fight alone by saying Cotto is looking to make history by becoming the first Puerto Rican ever to win tittles in 4 different divisions and let's not forget this dude is a top 5 160 pounder. If Cotto wins this fight it sets up a mega unifition fight against the winner of Martinez-Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      A lot of guys make the assumption that catchweight titles are not common, they are. They also assume that that was the biggest problem with Pacman's 8th division title, it wasn't. 156 is kind low, 157 158 is pretty much decent. I'd take the 4th division title over a 154lb fight if I were Cotto.
      I havent heard off too many in the last few years but yes Mannys fight against Margarito was bull**** as Margarito had only one fight since the thrubbing almost two years beforehand too Mosley and that was wrong but the fact that he gets called an 8 weight world champ when he probably never had a notion off defending it had 154 is equalling frustating just like Miguel for me wont be a legit 4 weight world champ oh well you have your opinion so and i have mine no point keep going back and forth

Comment

Or fresh off espn after getting dominated by a contender!!
        or str8 off of a suspension and a ass whooping

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
          or str8 off of a suspension and a ass whooping
          But.....................that was against the pfp king!!

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
            I havent heard off too many in the last few years but yes Mannys fight against Margarito was bull**** as Margarito had only one fight since the thrubbing almost two years beforehand too Mosley and that was wrong but the fact that he gets called an 8 weight world champ when he probably never had a notion off defending it had 154 is equalling frustating just like Miguel for me wont be a legit 4 weight world champ oh well you have your opinion so and i have mine no point keep going back and forth
            Agreed on the difference of opinion. Always kool to keep it respectable!!

Comment

Tackle the frenchie at 157, then settle into a MW role. Next fight is a 160 unification against Maravilla/Chavez Jr winner to save face

Comment

No, not race. Try 1 was a banned cheater unranked at 154, vs a real middleweight contender paper titlist.
                Before facing Pac, Margarito fought Roberto Garcia for the vacant WBC international light middleweight title. Similar to N'Dam fighting for the vacant WBO interim middleweight title prior to facing Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Before facing Pac, Margarito fought Roberto Garcia for the vacant WBC international light middleweight title. Similar to N'Dam fighting for the vacant WBO interim middleweight title prior to facing Cotto.
                  And how many times did N'Dam load his gloves up??

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                    HBO will not do that. They can promote this fight alone by saying Cotto is looking to make history by becoming the first Puerto Rican ever to win tittles in 4 different divisions and let's not forget this dude is a top 5 160 pounder. If Cotto wins this fight it sets up a mega unifition fight against the winner of Martinez-Chavez Jr.
                    So what do you think HBO will do. Pay out the ass for this fight and put it on WCB?

You think Cotto is gonna give himself his own guarantee to make this a PPV? Cause remember, he doesn't have a promoter anymore and it's no guarantee that GBP or TR would work with him on this fight. And would HBO even come on board for a PPV?

Seems like it would be tough to do, logistically.

Comment

A lot of guys make the assumption that catchweight titles are not common, they are. They also assume that that was the biggest problem with Pacman's 8th division title, it wasn't. 156 is kind low, 157 158 is pretty much decent. I'd take the 4th division title over a 154lb fight if I were Cotto.
                      I agree with this. If N'dam is willing to shed the extra few pounds, and he can do it in a healty manner, why not? The Middleweight LIMIT is 160, that doesn't mean that 2 fighters can't enter a contract with a weight stipulation.

It would be better for them to weigh the same weight than it would be for there to be a 4 pound gap in weight. N'dam weighs in about 2 pounds under the LIMIT anyways.

I hope this fight gets made; so long as the winner tries to make a legitimate claim of being champ in their next fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X