Someone please help me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone please help me

I'm a beginner and I have lots of questions after my sparring
    1. Lead hooks. Should you throw then palm down, facing you, or at an angle? When I try to straighten my elbow before throwing, it slows me down. Do the elbows have to be perfectly straight every time?
    2. What about uppercuts, should they be thrown only straight up or would it be unnatural to throw from different angles?
    3. The same way you put your hips into a lead hook and uppercut (learned at the gym), starting from the hips, what about the back hand hooks, uppercuts, and straight punches. Do you start the momentum by throwing your hips first, or is the back hand and foot different? When I do it, my hips and feet naturally turn when I throw my right hand in any punch. And also the back hand hook, palm facing you or down for hooks?
    Last edited by Mm34; 06-29-2018, 07:13 PM.

are you currently training in a gym? trainer?

what weight class?

Comment

Any time you have a question just ask your coach.

Comment

I'm a beginner and I have lots of questions after my sparring
        1. Lead hooks. Should you throw then palm down, facing you, or at an angle? When I try to straighten my elbow before throwing, it slows me down. Do the elbows have to be perfectly straight every time?

ANGLE, GIVES MORE TORQUE

2. What about uppercuts, should they be thrown only straight up or would it be unnatural to throw from different angles?

STRAIGHT UP AS AN ANGLE IS LIKELY TO DECREASE THE SPEED OF THE PUNCH UNLESS YOU PRACTICE ANGLES

3. The same way you put your hips into a lead hook and uppercut (learned at the gym), starting from the hips, what about the back hand hooks, uppercuts, and straight punches. Do you start the momentum by throwing your hips first, or is the back hand and foot different? When I do it, my hips and feet naturally turn when I throw my right hand in any punch. And also the back hand hook, palm facing you or down for hooks?

USE YOUR BUTT WHEN THROWING, BUTT AND HIPS WITH FEET PLANTED FIRM ON THE FLOOR. PALM FACING YOU

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
          Any time you have a question just ask your coach.
          I have a feeling he doesn't have a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            I have a feeling he doesn't have a coach.
            Look you seem like a ******* I see all of your comments if your gonna be a smartass instead of offering advice then don't comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mm34 View Post
              Look you seem like a ******* I see all of your comments if your gonna be a smartass instead of offering advice then don't comment
              Slow the fùck down you pink áss maggot. OctoberRed is a stand up cat and you need to show some respect. Consider yourself lucky he put his fingers to keyboard.

You obviously don't have a trainer. The questions you're asking, I mean you're really here asking these stupid áss questions?

First of all, beginners shouldn't be sparring and you should be asking your trainer these questions not us.

I don't even know what you're talking about in question 3 and I got plenty of fights and been in with champs. I don't even know what you mean by straightening your elbow with hooks in question 1. My best punch is the left hook, master level.

Get a trainer and ask him or someone better than you in the gym.

This is why I've been staying out of this section. Too many idiots, not worth the time investment.

Comment

I think you jumped the gun kid. OctoberRed is a good dude. We can’t see your mechanics, kinestetics, balance, etc.. too many etc. to list.

Get a trainer, listen to your trainer. Master the basics, remaster the basics...

I understand you have a lot of questions, but, you need a trainer there observing you and correcting you in real time. The best way to get rid of bad boxing habits is to avoid learning them.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Send me a address and we can handle it don't think boxing will save you there's more than boxing in a REAL fight send a address and I'll handle your *****ass in person boxing technique isn't **** in a REAL fight

Comment

Send me a address and we can handle it don't think boxing will save you there's more than boxing in a REAL fight send a address and I'll handle your *****ass in person boxing technique isn't **** in a REAL fight
                    **** off, I'm the bumper on this forum

Comment

Working...
                    X