Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the worst fight that headlined a PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the worst fight that headlined a PPV?

I was looking at the promo for the Algeri/Pacquiao fight and even the promo made realize how awful this fight is especially on PPV. This raises the question, which fight was the worst fight that headlined a PPV all time?

Barrera-Fana/Peden

Comment

Pac vs Mosley. Absolutely nobody asking for this fight. Such a wasted fight for Manny. Still haven't seen the fight to this day.

Comment

do you mean worst in terms of match up or worst in terms of quality of the actual fight? some modern examples come to mind:

Mayweather/Ortiz
        Pac/Mosley
        RJJ/Bhop 2 was PPV I think
        Mayweather/Baldomir
        Barrera/Fana

Too disgusted to try and think of more

Comment

I didn't really understand Dawson/Hopkins 1.

Yea good fight.... but in the wrong place (West Coast) and shouldnt have been PPV. Sold like 20k and they were handing out tickets

Comment

didn't bhop have a couple of ppv's that sold like 100k? was it hakkar and jones 2? can't remember but either is the worst.

Comment

I guarantee that no one can beat my submission of Matthew Macklin vs Shalva Jomardashvili.

Comment

rahman vs barrett

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
                  I was looking at the promo for the Algeri/Pacquiao fight and even the promo made realize how awful this fight is especially on PPV. This raises the question, which fight was the worst fight that headlined a PPV all time?
                  Hopkins vs Dawson 1. Especially after demarco and linares went to war the way they did before it.

Comment

If the Pacquiao Mosley and Pacquiao Algieri are the worst fights to ever be on PPV, you guys lost all credibility as boxing fans, there are others that are way worse than those 10000 times worse. Maybe you guys just recently started watching boxing? And no The Mayweather vs Baldomir is not even the worst it just turned out to be boring but Baldo won the belt against Judah.

Bernard Hopkins vs. Roy Jones jr II horrible fight and horrible hype, this is probably how Mayweather Pac will be if it ever happens the fight came way too late just like this rematch did.

Also any Roy Jones Jr fight PPV against a no name or fringe contender. That Jones jr vs Lacy ppv was horrible.
                    A couple of Tyson fights against guys who had no shot in hell, like McBride, McNeely, Savarese, Seldon who quit and was scared all worthless fights. Lennox Lewis had to fgiht the top guys just to get on PPV, Tyson was fighting scrubs but the casuals didnt care they just wanted to see him ko someone in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X