No announcement yet.

trying my hand at writing what i love.tell me what you think! be gentle lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying my hand at writing what i love.tell me what you think! be gentle lol

Ruslan Provodnikov battered and bruised his way to capture the WBO interim belt away from the always resilient Mike Alvarado, in Alvarado’s home suburb of Broomfield, CO. Alvarado tested out the waters with a boxing style similar to his rematch with Brandon Rios, but the pressure forward Provodnikov broke through with thundering shots, already going to Alvarado’s body.

Early throughout the fight Alvarado was able to keep away utilizing his jab and lateral movement while the sometimes flat footed Russian seemed to be a half step behind. Although implementing a good game plan, Alvarado seemed to be flustered by the always attacking Provodnikov and looked stunned after some strong left hooks came through his defense.

Things looked up for Alvarado during the seventh, opening up a cut over the eye of Provodnikov, from a punch while also bleeding from the nose from earlier in the fight. Still the fighter he is, the Russian came back strong in the eighth, punishing Alvarado enough to drop him twice, the first time the Denver-area native has ever touched the canvas.

Continuing the onslaught in the 9th, Provodnikov caused Alvarado to swell grotesquely over his right eye. Wobbled and shaken by the end of the round, the noticably concussed Alvardo needed to be guided to his corner by referee Tony Weeks. Weeks, noticing Alvarado’s poor condition, asked the Colorado fighter if he wanted to continue three times to same answer, no. The Siberian Rocky broke the iron willed Mile High fighter that night. The fans, taste of bittersweet on their tongues, witnessed a great candidate for FOTY.

A Russian партия “party” ensued as the newly crowned WBO 140 World Champion rejoiced with interim trainer Marvin Samodio and team, sans Freddie Roach, who is in the Philippines training his star pupil, Manny Pacquaio for his upcoming bout with Oxnard’s Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios. Helping fill the void was the presence of his mother. The first time she has ever seen her son fight professionally. The proud son screamed “mama!” before she entered the ring, a very unusual, yet cool sight to see.

During the post fight interview, through a translator, Providnikov jaunted how he fulfilled his claim to break his opponents will. While the celebrations continued in the ring, Alvarado and his team slinked away to his dressing room, justifiably disappointed in himself and the outcome. Reluntact to do an interview, Alvarado finally conceded and was asked what exactly happened. After a moment, he concluded that he didn’t fight the right fight and the better man won, ever so classy.

Provodnikov of Beryozovo, Russia is now 23-2 with 16 knockouts, while Alvarado of Colorado is 34-2 with 23 knockouts.

my recap of last saturday nights fight! btw

Comment

Decent write-up but lack of an intro in the opening para? I think most (not all) sports writers set the scene, like some reference to Denver, the crowd noise/expectations, altitude, the styles of the two fighters, records, what belt they were fighting for etc. A little more analysis of rounds 1-6 maybe too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
        Decent write-up but lack of an intro in the opening para? I think most sports writers set the scene, like some reference to Denver, the crowd noise/expectations, altitude, the styles of the two fighters, records, what belt they were fighting for etc.
        pretty much, build the event dont just jump into it.

Comment

Originally posted by monterey11 View Post
          my recap of last saturday nights fight! btw
          There were roughly 25 errors of syntax and incorrect wording usage. It was also rather ponderous, and it could have been shortened by a paragraph without losing any of the content. There are several instances of using 2 words when one is more advisable.

You showed a sufficient knowledge of language, though too formal in many spots. For a first attempt-if this is so- it was not bad. The best reporting on this site is by David Greisman-at least in my opinion- who keeps it taut, to the point and whose language is good, quite the opposite to his laborious, alliterative and dreary "Fighting Words". It wouldn't be a bad example to read his reports a few times, and compare them with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            There were roughly 25 errors of syntax and incorrect wording usage. It was also rather ponderous, and it could have been shortened by a paragraph without losing any of the content. There are several instances of using 2 words when one is more advisable.

You showed a sufficient knowledge of language, though too formal in many spots. For a first attempt-if this is so- it was not bad. The best reporting on this site is by David Greisman-at least in my opinion- who keeps it taut, to the point and whose language is good, quite the opposite to his laborious, alliterative and dreary "Fighting Words". It wouldn't be a bad example to read his reports a few times, and compare them with yours.
            yea it actually was my first time writing anything boxing wise that wasn't just a 2 sentence opinion! Thank you for the constructive criticism and after rereading it 100x over again I see exactly what you're saying! Always room for improvement! Thank you guys again!

Comment

Working...
            X