No announcement yet.

Que religion son?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
    Sorry to break it to you as you are a good and honest guy but the people behind religion are not.

11th century monk corrects Tacitus: "Goodies" to read "Christians"!

Ultraviolet photo of a critical word from the earliest known extant manuscript of Tacitus (second Medicean, Laurentian library, Italy).

The photograph reveals that the word purportedly used by Tacitus in Annals 15.44, chrestianos ("the good"), has been overwritten as christianos ("the Christians") by a later hand, a deceit which explains the excessive space between the letters and the exaggerated "dot" (dash) above the new "i". The entire "torched Christians" passage of Tacitus is not only fake, it has been repeatedly "worked over" by fraudsters to improve its value as evidence for the Jesus myth.

The truth may be that there was an original gnostic cult following a personified virtue, "Jesus Chrestos" (Jesus the Good). Consequently, they were called Chrestians, an appellation which seems to have attached itself at an early date to the sectarians of the "heretic" Marcion. Support for this possibility comes from the earliest known "Christian" inscription, found in the 19th century on a Marcionite church at Deir Ali, three miles south of Damascus. Dated to circa 318, the inscription reads "The meeting-house of the Marcionists, in the village of Lebaba, of the Lord and Saviour Jesus the Good", using the word Chrestos, not Christos.

As a flesh-and-blood, "historical" Jesus gradually eclipsed the allegorical Jesus so, too, did "goodness" get eclipsed by "Messiahship". Justin, in his First Apology (4), about thirty years after the death of Tacitus, plays on the similarity in sound of the two words Χριστὸς (Christ) and χρηστὸς (good, excellent) to argue for the wholesome, commendable character of Jesus followers.
    If you want to read the 4 pages on this here's the link
    http://www.textexcavation.com/docume...hrestianos.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
      Sorry to break it to you as you are a good and honest guy but the people behind religion are not.

Im THEEE most un-relgious kat around.....I do believe in a higher power (be it called God Jesus or something I don't know of...or perhaps don't have the cerebral capacity to comprehend....) but I have many many issues with organized region as it was then and is today...but I digress...

Yours statement above is at best "unfair" it is these type of generalizations that cause wars.....just sayin....

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
        Im THEEE most un-relgious kat around.....I do believe in a higher power (be it called God Jesus or something I don't know of...or perhaps don't have the cerebral capacity to comprehend....) but I have many many issues with organized region as it was then and is today...but I digress...

Yours statement above is at best "unfair" it is these type of generalizations that cause wars.....just sayin....
        How is it unfair? The followers are in general warm hearted people, but people behind organized religion are dishonest. Prove me wrong.

Comment

As ive said before there will be your bad with your good. Its like saying all human are murderers or rapists just because a number of them are. There are crooks , rapists , murderers all in the name of religion. Thats not what i stand for or who i follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
            You do realize that everything that is posted in that link has been disproved right?

For example, the reference to Josephus about "Christ", later referred to the same man as Jesus, the son of Damneus. This is who he was referring to.

Church historian Eusebius later was found out to have inserted the term "Christ" in that very text. So not only did it come later but was put in dishonestly.

In all actuality, church historians have now admitted that Josephus is a BAD reference when trying to prove the existence of Jesus the man. If he did know about him, he would have wrote much more extensively of him.

See, I studied all these things you linked. I wanted to know for myself and know the truth and the Bible as a whole was re-written by man many times and many books were left out because it did not coincide with what the church at the time wanted to portray.

There is no concrete proof that a man named Jesus who claimed to be the Messiah ever existed and there are many references of supposed Messiahs that came at that time period, just to let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              You do realize that everything that is posted in that link has been disproved right?

For example, the reference to Josephus about "Christ", later referred to the same man as Jesus, the son of Damneus. This is who he was referring to.

Church historian Eusebius later was found out to have inserted the term "Christ" in that very text. So not only did it come later but was put in dishonestly.

In all actuality, church historians have now admitted that Josephus is a BAD reference when trying to prove the existence of Jesus the man. If he did know about him, he would have wrote much more extensively of him.

See, I studied all these things you linked. I wanted to know for myself and know the truth and the Bible as a whole was re-written by man many times and many books were left out because it did not coincide with what the church at the time wanted to portray.

There is no concrete proof that a man named Jesus who claimed to be the Messiah ever existed and there are many references of supposed Messiahs that came at that time period, just to let you know.
              This is what I'm saying, there's as much REAL proof that the missiah Jesus existed as there is with Big foot. Much of it is man-made.

Being a "man of god" doesn't give you the right to be dishonest in order to make religion more credible.

Comment

This is what I'm saying, there's as much REAL proof that the missiah Jesus existed as there is with Big foot. Much of it is man-made.

Being a "man of god" doesn't give you the right to be dishonest in order to make religion more credible.
                Well but this is the thing. Even if Christ the man existed, it doesn't mean he was god. So I don't have a problem with Christ actually being a real person and if You ask me, I think he was just going by what the New Testament said.

I think Christ is one of the most influential men to ever walk the earth and his teachings were great. Him being a living god is another story all together.

We need to understand that religions often make stuff up all the time. For example, why Jerusalem is even a Holy city to Muslims is beyond me because supposedly it is because the the Dome of the Rock is where Mohamed went to heaven. Yet there is no evidence that Mohamed was even in Jerusalem...NONE. He never made it to that area of the world.

Comment

Gotta love religion.

Comment

How is it unfair? The followers are in general warm hearted people, but people behind organized religion are dishonest. Prove me wrong.
                    For the most part blanket statements are unfair is all im saying...I am sure there are some people behind organized religion that are NOT dishonest....they maybe few and far between but im sure they are out there...

Your comment would be akin to me saying "All people who don't' believe in religion are bad people" I don't believe in religion....and im not a bad person...see what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
                      Gotta love religion.
                      Or hate it........

Comment

Working...
                      X