No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    They are getting a little bit too far from the books, to the point that this will be a completely different story it seems later on. If the show delivers anyway, no problem.
    Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Big complaint: They are butchering Qarth. I'm trying not to judge it, a show is a show and a book is a book, but they have screwed it up royally, I'm actually dreading the scenes there next week. The acting is average, and every scene feels lame.
    I agree... the Qarth story line is also changing the book massively, which I'm not a fan of. This series has changed a lot of things, and I'm not really sure why they've changed them...

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
    I think that had nothing to do with failure, it was more a nod to realism. Without a very heavy, immaculately sharpened blade, that is exactly what would happen if you tried to behead someone with most swords.
    In the book I think it's supposed to show failure, if I remember correctly, when he fails to do it in one swipe there's something about how Ned Stark never needed a second swing to behead a man or something like that.

Comment

• Who stole the dragons, those necromancers right?
      I don't understand how she feels so safe in a city who doesn't give a **** about her and only wanted her dragons. This is bull**** son, especially the ****** who now thinks he is a lord by beating his not blood little brother, but still a little brother none the less.
      **** I hate everyone in this series.

Comment

• those dothrakis got easily butchered in qarth without creating a noise...i thought they were feared warriors.

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          those dothrakis got easily butchered in qarth without creating a noise...i thought they were feared warriors.
          Not the ones Daenerys has. They are mostly old people, young warriors who have never fought, and women.

Comment

i'm a fan of this show since season 1 and happy to see a lot of loungers who are followers as well...first time to post in this thread btw.

last night's episode was good, there were some cheesy scenes to it though. jon snow insisting on executing the girl but can't do it when the time came is lame. they're at war and she's an enemy so it doesn't matter if she's a girl. the only time you will allow her to live is when you have lusty intentions for her. but when she gave him an assrub he ****ing refused

tywin is the man but when he told arya to pour more wine into baelish's glass is lame as well. tywin is the last man i would think to be a gracious host and little***** is not even a guest...he's a hanger-on for ****s sake. it's so obvious they're just taking the viewers for a ride to put some suspense on whether baelish will recognize arya or not.
            I agree the Jon Snow scene was ****. Surely The Night Watch know about White Walkers and would burn the bodies, or at least the girl would have said so.

Then the other issue, why the **** do they leave him? Normal people would wait and watch.

Comment

Not the ones Daenerys has. They are mostly old people, young warriors who have never fought, and women.
              not in qarth though...the people of qarth will own you with their deceitful ways but not with swords. that scene showing mutilated bodies of daenerys followers you would think they were executed by hardened killers.

i didn't read the book so i only have what was shown on tv as basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uns View Post
                I agree the Jon Snow scene was ****. Surely The Night Watch know about White Walkers and would burn the bodies, or at least the girl would have said so.

Then the other issue, why the **** do they leave him? Normal people would wait and watch.
                i thought he got lost when he gave chase to the girl. he was told they will wait for him at the top of the mountain or something.

Comment

i thought he got lost when he gave chase to the girl. he was told they will wait for him at the top of the mountain or something.
                  Yeah I know that, but TBH even then the chase wasn't too long LOL.

However I mean why walk away from him before he kills her? It's not a normal thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uns View Post
                    Yeah I know that, but TBH even then the chase wasn't too long LOL.

However I mean why walk away from him before he kills her? It's not a normal thing to do.
                    They would assume he is capable of killing some woman. And if not, they would assume she killed Jon. The Night's Watch isn't exactly the type of people that sit around making sure newbies do their job.

Comment

They would assume he is capable of killing some woman. And if not, they would assume she killed Jon. The Night's Watch isn't exactly the type of people that sit around making sure newbies do their job.
                      I guess waiting 5 seconds is too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X