Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the point of Urango-Hatton again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what did your paper say

Comment

Originally posted by El Temible View Post
      his confidence if he wanted peace of mind hed of re-matched collazo and beat him again to gain confidence
      yeah right i don't think that would be on his plans at all he knows collazo whipped his ass

Comment

Originally posted by El Temible View Post
        what did your paper say
        some article in the oakland tribune mentioned a bit about the fight asking why he would run from 147 back down to 140 and clinch and hold for the latter half of the fight. Basically saying that if you want to impress US audiences, that isnt the way to do it, it was funny though, he was saying we have enough unexciting fighters here, we dont need to import.

Comment

Holding aside....it has been suggested Hatton hasnt fought anyone. The way he wins wasnt questioned! It was that he hadnt faced good great opposition to make him a superfighter. And i said there arent really anyone out there for him to beat that would make him a superfighter.
          Hopkins and co have often looked **** while winning as well. You cant always look good, but if you get the job done, people shouldnt question Hatton the way they do. For the sake of it and for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Holding aside....it has been suggested Hatton hasnt fought anyone. The way he wins wasnt questioned! It was that he hadnt faced good great opposition to make him a superfighter. And i said there arent really anyone out there for him to beat that would make him a superfighter.
            Hopkins and co have often looked **** while winning as well. You cant always look good, but if you get the job done, people shouldnt question Hatton the way they do. For the sake of it and for fun.

To be a superfighter, you just have to really just knock people the **** out, or just really beat the **** out of someone. Hatton in his major televised fights, hasnt really acheived that, the tszyu fight was not impressive for alot of american audiences, alot of us saw it as real dirty. The Maussa fight was a good KO, but it was PPV and nobody was gonna order that ****. the collazo/urango fight have failed to impress. so hes gonna need to kill castillo to acheieve it.

Comment

I'm sorry to say it but if that's the case then it's only because American audiences need everything dumbed down and spoon-fed to them. Harsh generalization I know but it rings true with about 60% of the population (including most of this board).

Rabah could have been given a close decision against Urango, Hatton dominated him from the first bell until the last and it was far from his best night.

I don't know why everybody on here slags Hatton off so much, at least he doesnt circle the ring staring at his opponent without throwing a punch for 2 minutes, he just gets stuck in and doesn't always look pretty doing it. The clinching is strategy to get his own punches off without taking any back- it's smart, and it really isn't THAT excessive so grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
                The clinching is strategy to get his own punches off without taking any back- it's smart, and it really isn't THAT excessive so grow up.
                Yes, the clinching is very, very excessive. I'm surprised they don't penalize him at times....but I'm not complaining. It doesn't bother me THAT much.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
                  I'm sorry to say it but if that's the case then it's only because American audiences need everything dumbed down and spoon-fed to them. Harsh generalization I know but it rings true with about 60% of the population (including most of this board).

Rabah could have been given a close decision against Urango, Hatton dominated him from the first bell until the last and it was far from his best night.

I don't know why everybody on here slags Hatton off so much, at least he doesnt circle the ring staring at his opponent without throwing a punch for 2 minutes, he just gets stuck in and doesn't always look pretty doing it. The clinching is strategy to get his own punches off without taking any back- it's smart, and it really isn't THAT excessive so grow up.

Thats not it at all, if that was the case, PBF wouldnt sell 350,000 ppv's, neither would hopkins/tarver. None of those guys are super one punch KO artists, Hatton right now just doesnt have it. What if Hatton was american, and went to europe to fight, do you honestly think anyone would be impressed with that style?

Watching hattons fights are ****ing aggravating and grueling, aint nothing pretty about being ahead and just holding and hitting, its ****ing boring.

Comment

and dont start talking about things being dumb down for americans when hatton comes from a country where CRAZY FROG can be a number 1 hit song

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
                      Thats not it at all, if that was the case, PBF wouldnt sell 350,000 ppv's, neither would hopkins/tarver. None of those guys are super one punch KO artists, Hatton right now just doesnt have it. What if Hatton was american, and went to europe to fight, do you honestly think anyone would be impressed with that style?

Watching hattons fights are ****ing aggravating and grueling, aint nothing pretty about being ahead and just holding and hitting, its ****ing boring.
                      If hatton was american, the haters on this forum would instead be hanging by their teeth from his sack.

Comment

Working...
                      X