Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Jr.'s Moment Of Truth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big question will soon be answered tonight.
    Is he the real truth or the biggest lie?
    Won't be long now. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
      Disagree on Spence and Porter having similar power. Spence hits way, way harder. For example, Porter when 12 rounds with Broner and never had AB in serious trouble...but Spence dropped Broner with sparring gloves on. If Spence catches Brook, it will feel quite similar to what Kell was feeling his last fight.

Agree about the speed. Kell's best chance is to use his speed to be first, to overcome Spence's reach advantage with his own jab and to get in and out throwing in combination. Kell must box smart and keep the fight in the middle of the ring.

I don't thing holding will work here like it worked with Porter. First of all, Spence is very good inside and has been known to throw crushing short distance punches even in close and apparently wrapped up. Second, I think Spence's folks are quite aware of the tactic used against Porter and will not allow the referee to gloss over excessive clinching. Kell will be warned and will get points deducted if this is part of his gameplan.
      Remember, Howard Foster's on this one.

You know, the guy everyone's believed is corrupt in favor of British fighters since like 2012?

Spence needs a knockout. Period.

Comment

I think things will turn out fine for Spence even if it goes to the cards, which I sincerely and highly doubt.

But, both men see this fight as their ascendance to the welterweight throne.

Someone is getting KTFO tonight.

Comment

It really is so hard to predict how an upcoming fighter will handle adversity on this stage. It's both a blessing and a curse. He's been so good so far that even quality contenders gave him zero trouble, but it hasn't prepared him for what happens if he does face trouble. I really don't know what to expect from him, but if he beats Brook's ass with no difficulty than he has to be the best welterweight in the world.

And you know what? While everyone is focusing on whether Spence will be revealed as the truth or a fraud, it's very possible he can lose this fight and not be a fraud. He can struggle to win and not be a fraud. Everyone is ready to call the loser of this fight a fake, but they could both very well be great fighters that give us a great fight. I hope that's what we learn tonight, and I hope NSB will give both guys their deserved props if we get that kind of fight.

I know we won't though. NSB is too biased for that.
          Last edited by bojangles1987; 05-27-2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by petegrif View Post
            It's a great fight. We're going to learn a lot about the real level of both fighters.
            They're both frauds.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              It really is so hard to predict how an upcoming fighter will handle adversity on this stage. It's both a blessing and a curse. He's been so good so far that even quality contenders gave him zero trouble, but it hasn't prepared him for what happens if he does face trouble. I really don't know what to expect from him, but if he beats Brook's ass with no difficulty than he has to be the best welterweight in the world.

And you know what? While everyone is focusing on whether Spence will be revealed as the truth or a fraud, it's very possible he can lose this fight and not be a fraud. He can struggle to win and not be a fraud. Everyone is ready to call the loser of this fight a fake, but they could both very well be great fighters that give us a great fight. I hope that's what we learn tonight, and I hope NSB will give both guys their deserved props if we get that kind of fight.

I know we won't though. NSB is too biased for that.
              Thank you. This couldn't be more true even if Honest Abe flew in on a giant eagle and said it himself. I like both fighters but I'm leaning more towards Spence simply because Brook lost a crap ton of muscle, and his orbital may not yet be 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                The problem with Kell Brook is that he has failed to show up many times. The Porter fight was an absolute terrible showing and you know it.

Spence doesn't "Linebacker" in like Porter does yet has the same level of knockout power. Also, Spence is a body snatcher on levels we haven't seen since Mike McCallum - as Foreman would say, "the body don't move".

Brook's #1 advantage here is speed. He has to stay away from that power and box smart, like Algieri tried to do. But we saw what happened when Spence caught the body.

Unless Brook holds on for dear life like he did against Porter, I don't see this ending well for him.
                Speed is nothing without accuracy.

Punching the air ain't speed.

Look at Amir Khan.....fast as lightning but never hitting anything.

Comment

All the talk is done. In 3 hours, it begins.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

And you know what? While everyone is focusing on whether Spence will be revealed as the truth or a fraud, it's very possible he can lose this fight and not be a fraud. He can struggle to win and not be a fraud. Everyone is ready to call the loser of this fight a fake, but they could both very well be great fighters that give us a great fight.
                    Bojangles, you can tell from their preparation that they have both given 100%, and no matter who wins the fight, i hope we all gang up on anyone who disses either of them afterwards.

If Brook gets blown out, he'll go down swinging, and if he wins, I'll be the first to put him on a pedestal.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                      Bojangles, you can tell from their preparation that they have both given 100%, and no matter who wins the fight, i hope we all gang up on anyone who disses either of them afterwards.

If Brook gets blown out, he'll go down swinging, and if he wins, I'll be the first to put him on a pedestal.
                      They're both bums. At their age, they should be superstars by now if they're really good.

Comment

Working...
                      X