Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights that you scored against the popular opinion.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights that you scored against the popular opinion.

When i was starting in boxing i had Judah edging Danny Garcia, i was only a few months into boxing and i haven't watched the fight since then, but back then i thought Judah deserved the W.

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
    When i was starting in boxing i had Judah edging Danny Garcia, i was only a few months into boxing and i haven't watched the fight since then, but back then i thought Judah deserved the W.
    I can think of three involving the one fighter

I don't think me thinking James DeGale lost to Jack is me going against the majority but the ones I did think the decisions were wrong in were -

Andre Dirrell Vs. James DeGale
    I thought DeGale started off excellently but relied too heavily on landing one shot, Andre was fighting in what I thought was a great fight strategy he got knocked down a good few times but he came back very strong I thought he was doing the better work and deserved the nod.

Lucian Bute Vs. James Degale
    For me this fight I thought DeGale was awful, perhaps this is when I think James has started to really go down hill but this fight similar to Dirrell I didn't think James fought that good he had a few rounds here and there you know big deal but the rounds that I thought Bute won looked more clearer for me.

Maybe I can accept a loss for Bute (it would have to be narrow on scorecards) but I certainly think he could have lost this fight.

Porky Medina Vs James DeGale
    This fight well James talked the talk but he sure as hell didn't walk the walk, said he'd get him out of there in a few rounds but instead Porky took a war to James and he did a damn good job of it, this one I don't even hold up for dispute I think James definitely lost this one.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
      Exact same with Judah-Garcia for me.

Comment

I think Lara beat canelo.

Comment

I still say Tito legit deserved the decision vs ODLH despite the consensus fan opinion suggesting otherwise.

I also feel like JMM beat Bradley 7-5 while seemingly most fans consider that to be the widest 7-5 fight in history, but got it going Bradley's way.

Comment

I thought Pacquiao edged Marquez in the third fight

I thought robert Guerrero edged danny in their fight (I had danny winning against Herrera and Peterson tho)

I had Fernando vargas beating winky wright

I had winky wright beating hopkins

Comment

Despite getting knocked out I still believe 100% that Brian Sutherland won his fight against Kenny Rainford.

Comment

Shane Mosleys's split decision over De La Hoya in their first bout in 2000. On TV it really looked to me as if De La Hoya was the more effective fighter that night, but I had a friend in LA that attended it (good seats too) and let me know that the punches landed by Mosley were audibly louder than most of the glancing blow Oscar threw.

A few people I spoke to who watched it on TV thought that same as me but I guess you had to be there.

Comment

I think marquez beat pacquiaoin the first 2 fights.

Comment

Mayweather vs Pacquiao.. draw. too many rounds where few punches landed, how do you score these dull rounds?

Taylor vs Hopkins 1 .. the consensus was Hopkins was robbed but JT legit won, Bhop started too late.

Canelo vs Lara .. the consensus again is Lara was robbed, I thought Lara clearly lost. too much moving not enough scoring.

Hagler vs Leonard .. SRL clearly won, no controversy.

Garcia vs Peterson.. consensus is a robbery but Peterson didn't do **** until round 9, and it's not like he dominated.

many more..

Comment

Working...
                    X