Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor drew twice (nearly triple)as many buys in 1 year than entire boxing s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    backs what up....he has lost more times than broner....hell he quit imo vs Diaz....gave his neck and packed it in because he was tired and couldnt get him out of there
    Umm...

How about beating Aldo, rematching Diaz, and then destroying the 155 champ..

Lmao at comparing broner's padded record to Conor's

Did broner quickly rematch porter or maidana.. has he ever faced a legit champ instead of paper champs or vacant belts??

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      He moved up to fight those guys, same as MacGregor and lost, same as MacGregor.
      Conor won his biggest fights + avenged his recent loss, Adrien didn't. People lose interest quicker when you come up short.

The point I'm making is Broner at least tried to make himself a TV commodity. He talked the talk, fought hard and never quit and stayed brash in defeat. Others could learn from that.
      Idk about talking the talk & staying brash in defeat. The guy was on suicide watch a couple weeks ago.

It just seems that fighters that try to get attention are scorned by boxing fans and those same fans then wonder why boxing doesn't have a cross over star. Answer seems obvious.
      I don't think thats the problem. I think boxing is confusing as f#ck to anyone on the outside of boxing so its hard to get people interested to even have a crossover star today. Hell boxing is confusing as f#ck from the inside lol. Who's the real champion? What defines the real champion? Who's a real top ten guy? What does this title mean? Why is this elite fighter fighting this bs fight when I wanna see elite fighter A vs elite fighter B?

These are things we dicuss as hardcore fans on this site & gets talked about on other forums by hardcore boxing fans all the time. So its just a clusterf#ck of choas to those who are cauals or non-fans & they lost interest in all the bs quick. Boxing problems go well beyond people doing things to get attention.

Comment

UFC has quality fights throughout the card, boxing PPV's have the main event and a crap undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          here in uk.
          Boxing doing well here. The atmosphere's are great. US shows suck. Suck more than Monaco shows. Eddie is doing great imo. Compare his shows and his shows atmospheres to those of Warren's or anyone elses.. no contest. Eddie is keeping boxing alive over here.

As for Conor.. whats not to like? Exciting, charismatic and knows how to sell to people. He's making money and selling his PPVs. Boxing and Pro Wrestling could learn a thing or two from him and the UFC.
          Last edited by Cloud; 11-29-2016, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
            Boxing doing well here. The atmosphere's are great. US shows suck. Suck more than Monaco shows. Eddie is doing great imo. Compare his shows and his shows atmospheres to those of Warren's or anyone elses.. no contest. Eddie is keeping boxing alive over here.

As for Conor.. whats not to like? Exciting, charismatic and knows how to sell to people. He's making money and selling his PPVs. Boxing and Pro Wrestling could learn a thing or two from him and the UFC.
            yeah true, domestic scene is thriving over here, but even still theres very very little interest in global boxing here that doesnt involve a uk fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
              boxing did: 400K, 600k, 55k, 300k, 300k and 160k expected for the kovalev-ward fight https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay-per-view#Boxing both manny and canelo fought twice on ppv this year
              so a total of 1815k
              mcgregor did: 1600k vs diaz 1, 1650k vs diaz 2 and the number for ufc 205 are still coming in http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/pay-per-view/
              what do you think of that ? Is UFC still dead?
              You pull Conor McGregor and how well did those other 9 UFC PPVs do? Boxing is looking to see who that next star to carry things is, but to try and focus on McGregor (I doubt that those numbers are event legit) is simply a way to shift the focus away from the fact that no one else is doing big business.

From McGregor's own mouth, the UFC is about to be without their unquestioned top star until at least May. How many of those coming 5-6 PPVs do you honestly believe will do over 300k homes?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                yeah true, domestic scene is thriving over here, but even still theres very very little interest in global boxing here that doesnt involve a uk fighter.
                Yes because you guys have STARS. Joshua, Brook, Kahn, Frampton, etc. US needs some stars to emerge and boxing will be back with a vengeance..

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
                  The UFC will hype up anything to the gills to create the appearance they are taking over boxing.
                  The UFC doesn't care what boxing is doing lol. Hell I'd suggest UFC is more supportive of boxing than boxing is of the UFC or MMA at large. Or at least the fans are. The boxers seems supportive often times when they've come in contact with MMA guys.

I'd also say that since boxing is a part of mixed martial arts that boxing doing well is ultimately good for MMA. The MMA industry & most fans aren't like the boxing industry & boxing fans. Generally the MMA industry & MMA fans are interested & rooting for all combat sports from boxing to sambo to wrestling to BJJ to grappling. In fact the UFC has a deal with a grappling league now from my understanding that they show on their network. **** man at some point if the UFC gets big enough I could see the UFC showing boxing matches (& other combat sports) on their network.

Plus we have to realize the sheer number of boxing events dwarfs the number of MMA events. And the UFC is really the only game in town other than Bellator for MMA so comparing to boxing is a bit silly.
                  You don't know **** about MMA. Go look at Sherdog or Tapology (the boxrec's of MMA if you will) & look at all the MMA events going on around the world at any given time. I'd assume there is equal or more MMA cards going on at any given time. MMA isn't just the UFC & Bellator. In my city there are two minor league MMA outfits & there has been more MMA cards than boxing cards in the last year & beyond.

Boxing will rebound.
                  For sure, but boxing won't really get to a real good point til it centralizes its power structure & quit letting all these corrupt en****** (alphabet groups + many promoters) & slippery mfers have so much power in the sport. Boxing needs to think bigger & quit making the sport smaller by mostly showing the best fights to people willing to pay $60+.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    UFC has quality fights throughout the card, boxing PPV's have the main event and a crap undercard.
                    Yep. This is maybe the thing I love the most about MMA. Its the #1 leader in combat sports at putting on competitive fights. I think like 6 or 7 underdogs won on the last UFC event. When does that ever happen in boxing on any card damn near lol.

I'm a simple guy who just wants to see good fights & I suspect I'll always love & appreciate boxing more, but the UFC & MMA at large entertains better, more consistently & thats just a fact. And ultimately most people with no alliances to a sport just wanna be entertained. Thats boxings problem & why the UFC is hot right now & getting hotter.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      All Mcgregor needs is another equal hyped opponent and they will probably surpass Pacquiao-Mayweather.
                      Nothing will surpass Mayweather Pacquiao. Those guys were not only the biggest names in boxing but also the two best fighters in the sport. They individually were great and could have carried the sport alone. Plus, that fight was years in the making.

Conor McGregor isn't even the best pound for pound guy in his sport, although he is certainly amongst the best. The guy is just a great promoter with very good stand up boxing skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X