Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ignoring the headbutt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were robbed on that fight. Yes Garcia was ahead on the cards by miles...Yes he knocked him down. They were not devastating knockdowns more so than balance mixed with a good shot. Salido had to overcome more mental than he did physical in the fight. The headbutt was ruled an accident so fight on and watch your head. The fight was turning and Salido needed a KO to win and was coming for it. They arnt dummies they know they need a KO and were waaaay behind on the cards. Thats were the fight was turning and Salido was finding his target and gaining confidence!

Comment

Salido is no stranger to tiring down the stretch and having to resort to going blow for blow with a decent level opponent.

Garcia was taking his punches well, keeping him from staying on the inside WHILE making Salido work to get there AND backing Salido up whenever he was done throwing his loaded up punches.

So, yes, Salido was definitely doing better on every level by completely relying on his chin when he had enough energy to throw punches but that same strategy had him eating jabs and 1-2's, being backed up when he wasn't swinging for the fences, nose broken (probably a small fracture but he said broken) and his eye about two rounds from closing.

I still think Salido was the lucky one. A clear decision or him being knocked out would have killed any rematch talk. Now, we have to see him hoping not to get caught with any unseen power shots while being out-boxed as he hopes that Garcia gasses.

Comment

I'll put it this way, Garcia was running away from him a little too much for my liking there at the end. I'm not sure, but seems like he was running more at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
          I'll put it this way, Garcia was running away from him a little too much for my liking there at the end. I'm not sure, but seems like he was running more at the end.

YUP. and Salido knew he needed a KO to win. Those last 3 rounds would have been very interesting.

I hate controversial endings. fans get robbed everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
            Did you not read the thread title?
            My fault I read it too fast. I thought he meant that people were ignoring the headbutt.

Anyway, besides the headbutt, Salido was a desperate man in there. He was dangerous sure but I thought Garcia was handling him well. I think he could've coasted to a decision.

Comment

I think everyone should be able to agree there was more fight left,I think a rematch is in order...

Comment

I see a lot of people talking about this fight was changing, and that Salido was warming up. I will watch this fight again, but that is not what I saw at all. Yes, Salido was getting inside a little more frequently, but he was very ineffective when he did get inside. I think you all are misconstruing desperation(cause that's EXACTLY what it was)as Salido effectively getting inside Mikey's reach/zone of comfort with a planned attack predicated off of a mid-fight adjustment.

He(Salido)did nothing to "get inside" other than throw caution to the wind, as he already knew he was horribly out-classed on the outside, and was unable to find a responsible way to get in on the inside where he figured Mikey didn't want to fight(which I do believe he was right. Mikey didn't want any part of the inside game. And who could blame him if he was having so much success on the outside, and dictated every aspect of the fight. e.g. pace, tempo, geography of the ring ect.......). This fight was not changing for the better for Salido, he was well on his way to being KO'd before the headbutt took place.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  I think everyone should be able to agree there was more fight left,I think a rematch is in order...
                  Thats why it was stopped. Word travels quick at ring side. Calling the fight off winning a belt half way by a tech decision is grounds for a rematch. Arum/Top rank ...need i say more!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                    I see a lot of people talking about this fight was changing, and that Salido was warming up. I will watch this fight again, but that is not what I saw at all. Yes, Salido was getting inside a little more frequently, but he was very ineffective when he did get inside. I think you all are misconstruing desperation(cause that's EXACTLY what it was)as Salido effectively getting inside Mikey's reach/zone of comfort with a planned attack predicated off of a mid-fight adjustment.

He(Salido)did nothing to "get inside" other than throw caution to the wind, as he already knew he was horribly out-classed on the outside, and was unable to find a responsible way to get in on the inside where he figured Mikey didn't want to fight(which I do believe he was right. Mikey didn't want any part of the inside game. And who could blame him if he was having so much success on the outside, and dictated every aspect of the fight. e.g. pace, tempo, geography of the ring ect.......). This fight was not changing for the better for Salido, he was well on his way to being KO'd before the headbutt took place.
                    What's going on big bro,I don't know about Salido being KO'd bro..He was coming on and tbh Garcia looked uncomfortable..I'm not trying to downplay Mikey or bash the kid,but Salido was getting inside and taking Garcia punches better as well..Garcia was trying like hell to get out of range and at times even looked to be running..All I'm saying is that Garcia was looking uncomfortable at the time the fight ended..But I'm not saying Salido would have knock Garcia out or anything..Just that the fight looked to be starting to heat up for real...

Comment

Why is it that I'm not seeing anyone talk about the punishing body attack that Garcia put on Salido? He was killin him to the body. If a 2nd fight is made, ya'll are gonna see Salido get completely embarrassed and raped from pillar to post.

Comment

Working...
                      X