Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Kovalev Passed Manny as the Excuse Maker of the Decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Kovalev Passed Manny as the Excuse Maker of the Decade?

Manny Pacquiao:

1. Shoulder injury that was healed by saltwater

2 "I thought I won the fight"

Sergey Kovalev

1. After losing the first fight he blamed the refs instead of his lack of stamina and inside fighting skills

2. After losing the second fight he blamed the ref and tried cried about legit body shots to make Ward stop throwing them

Discuss
    Manny Pacquiao
    42.86%
    Sergey Kovalev
    23.81%
    Even. They are Both all time great Excuse makers
    33.33%

This shouldn't be a question.

Manny Pacquiao couldn't land 85 out of nearly 500 punches. And don't forget, it wasn't just the saltwater. He needed Floyd to stand still...remember?

Comment

The overwhelming majority of the boxing press (between 70-80% on lists I've seen) scored the first fight for Kovalev.

The second fight ended when Kovalev hunched over from blatant low blows and will be formally protested.

Anyone who really calls that stuff "excuses" has lost their being-taken-seriously privileges.

BoxingScene is infested with a certain crowd but if you're on regular social media -- Ward's stock dropped quite a bit. It's just dickpunch jokes and "This is why I don't watch boxing".
      Last edited by ////; 06-18-2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

On the one hand I think Kovalev's excuses have much more legitimacy to them. On the other hand the other guy is Manny Pacquiao who is my favorite boxer.

I think I'll have to abstain from the vote.
        Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-18-2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

nsb is full of butthurt f#ggots like yourself. makes this place nearly unbearable. you wouldn't make this thread if you weren't both of those things.

FFS dude THOSE WERE LOW BLOWS. i thought ward taking control and may have gotten a stoppage without them, but FFS the guy was stopped because of repeated low blows. how is that not a legitimate complaint?

and how is it not a legitimate complaint to say you thoguht you won teh fight when the MAJORITY OF MEDIA thought you won the fight?

"excuse maker of the decade"

more like, "is kovalev white, and am i salty about it?"

Comment

I have a feeling that this fight was lost in training camp! The only strong team member that Kovalev has is? Kathy Duva, it was good to see the way she was supporting him after the fight passionately! Kovalev needs a stable team around him who he actually enjoys training with! (If i was Kovalev, i would actually go and train with Virgil Hunter with the aspiration of slaying Adonis Stevenson! Stylistically i don't think Andre Ward wants any part of Adonis Stevenson!)...

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
              The overwhelming majority of the boxing press (between 70-80% on lists I've seen) scored the first fight for Kovalev.

The second fight ended when Kovalev hunched over from blatant low blows and will be formally protested.

Anyone who really calls that stuff "excuses" has lost their being-taken-seriously privileges.

BoxingScene is infested with a certain crowd but if you're on regular social media -- Ward's stock dropped quite a bit. It's just dickpunch jokes and "This is why I don't watch boxing".
              Originally posted by New England View Post
              nsb is full of butthurt f#ggots like yourself. makes this place nearly unbearable. you wouldn't make this thread if you weren't both of those things.

FFS dude THOSE WERE LOW BLOWS. i thought ward taking control and may have gotten a stoppage without them, but FFS the guy was stopped because of repeated low blows. how is that not a legitimate complaint?

and how is it not a legitimate complaint to say you thoguht you won teh fight when the MAJORITY OF MEDIA thought you won the fight?

"excuse maker of the decade"

more like, "is kovalev white, and am i salty about it?"

Stop crying and go do some push-ups or something. Sport of warriors but the fans are whining bit*ches.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

Stop crying and go do some push-ups or something. Sport of warriors but the fans are whining bit*ches.
                He got his ass beat in the first fight and was given a stoppage via low blows in the second fight.... Drop the act you shameless boot licker

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post

That's how I look at it. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                    X