No announcement yet.

If Khan doesn't move to the US he'll never improve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Khan doesn't move to the US he'll never improve

Khan flies over to the UK after every fight and chills out for months. What this means is that everything he learns with Hunter he will start to forget because he's not going to the gym regularly working on his technique.

Consequently, he'll have to relearn everything for each fight so it means he will always remain at the same level and never really improve. He'll be stuck at the crossroads so to speak, but never quite getting to the other side because the techniques aren't getting engrained into his brain. As soon as he learns something he leaves the country and starts to forget.

That's why the only option for Khan to improve is to move to the US and be close to his trainer, like any normal fighter.

I think Khan is stuck in the schedule of training that he had while he was with Roach but the difference now is that a new trainer is trying to teach him new things so in order to effectively learn those things he needs to spend much more time than before... A change is gonna come.

Originally posted by F!x View Post
    Khan flies over to the UK after every fight and chills out for months. What this means is that everything he learns with Hunter he will start to forget because he's not going to the gym regularly working on his technique.

Consequently, he'll have to relearn everything for each fight so it means he will always remain at the same level and never really improve. He'll be stuck at the crossroads so to speak, but never quite getting to the other side because the techniques aren't getting engrained into his brain. As soon as he learns something he leaves the country and starts to forget.

That's why the only option for Khan to improve is to move to the US and be close to his trainer, like any normal fighter.

I think Khan is stuck in the schedule of training that he had while he was with Roach but the difference now is that a new trainer is trying to teach him new things so in order to effectively learn those things he needs to spend much more time than before... A change is gonna come.
    I think it's too late to "relearn everything", he's at a point now where they have to refine what he knows, I think it's too late in the game for him.

Comment

I agree with OP, he needs to show commitment and move full-time to San Francisco to work with his trainer.

Comment

Who cares..

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          I think it's too late to "relearn everything", he's at a point now where they have to refine what he knows, I think it's too late in the game for him.
          I mean the things Hunter teaches him in each fight camp, Khan doesn't keep working on those skills after the fight - he goes back to the UK and starts forgetting. So he has to relearn the same skills again for the next fight, it means he's never building up his skill-set, just relearning the same thing again and again. If he moves to the US, he trains everyday, the skills will become second nature.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            I agree with OP, he needs to show commitment and move full-time to San Francisco to work with his trainer.
            Wont make any difference the part thats broke cant be fixed .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              Wont make any difference the part thats broke cant be fixed .
              That's what defense is for...

Comment

All Khan needs to do is get Hubba Bubba as a sponsor they will give him enough gum to strengthen his jaw or glue it back together when it gets smashed. No Need USA move.

Comment

An other option is to fight 3 times a year instead of 2 times that he is doing now.

Comment

Khan's whole game has been based on his speed. There is not a lot going on upstairs with him and his speed has been used to fluster his opponents. He does not see punches well and is not a thinker,getting the changes Hunter wants on automatic where he can perform them at his warp speed is a big ask and Khan is hard wired to do what he does already.
                    Under pressure he will resort to his main asset which is speed and the old habits will take over and the new stuff will go out the window.Making changes in habits on a deep level where it is second nature is actually more difficult when the student is super fast because everything is happening so fast where you can't monitor what you are doing especially when you have grooved in old bad habits. I don't think you can teach him too many new tricks just work round what he has got already which is what Roach did.
                    If he is to change which I don't think he is capable of he has to be with Hunter all the time. But he could actually get worse as right now he is very competent at his technical incompetence and that may be more dangerous to an opponent than Khan not being confident and competent performing technical competence.
                    IMO we have seen the high water mark of Khan and he will never really be considered as a force or threat to the top guys. I just don't see him getting better and just see more and more talk, a series of fights against lower level guys and then him getting battered when he steps up and then more and more excuses and Mayweather fight talk. That seems the pattern to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X