Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC fighter punches boxing coach & gets KTFO!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
    The name, you one youtube it was a shamrock, Arlovski, and Penn interview.
    I wouldnt take anything Ken Shamrock says seriously that man has a glass brain as well as a glass jaw, and Arlovski has a glass brain too as well as a glass jaw.

And of course Penn is gonna say that have you seen him fight? The man totally disregards every facet of the game BUT boxing. And dont give me **** about he knows jujitsu. The only reason hes good in that is because of his natural flexibility. BJ Penn is basically strictly a boxer. And not a very good one anymore either if you look at the Diaz fight.

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
      And your foolish if you think all those men stricly rely on their boxing. JDS has been mostly relying on his boxing, but that doesnt go to prove **** about boxing>MMA, especially when you consider his last opponent (Cain Velasquez) dominated him by mostly putting on a wrestling clinic!

Also Anderson Silva, while very good with his boxing, has great Muay Thai knees/kicks to fall back on as well.

You make it sound like all the greatest fighters in the sport got where they are due to only their boxing, they all have something to fall back on as well.
      True, but what do they rely on? They may have fall backs but base their attack on what?

Yes Dos Santos lost to Cain, but do you forget their first fight in which Cain lost. Second fight Cain won by imposing his ground work.

Comment

When MMA ******s will finally realise that every fight starts with the boxing stance. I know you'll say that MMA guy would try do take the boxer to the ground, but that usually happens when guys are tired. If you take decent boxer and decent MMA fighter boxer will win 7/10 fights.Most MMA fighters are average boxers at best, if they would started trading punches with decent boxer they'll lose. It's called sweet science for a reason

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
          When MMA ******s will finally realise that every fight starts with the boxing stance. I know you'll say that MMA guy would try do take the boxer to the ground, but that usually happens when guys are tired. If you take decent boxer and decent MMA fighter boxer will win 7/10 fights.Most MMA fighters are average boxers at best, if they would started trading punches with decent boxer they'll lose. It's called sweet science for a reason
          Thats why they WOULDN'T start trading punches with a pro boxer they wrestle too for a reason. Look what happened to James Toney. I know he was washed up but I dont really see GSP being stupid enough to trade with an all out pro boxer in his weight class, he would take them down ASAP. And they WOULDNT be able to stop it unless GSP telegraphs his shot. They could however KO GSP with one punch thats the thing. But certain MMA fighters like him have good chins, and good takedown ability, that spells disaster for someone who only knows how to stand up and throw punches.

True, but what do they rely on? They may have fall backs but base their attack on what?

Yes Dos Santos lost to Cain, but do you forget their first fight in which Cain lost. Second fight Cain won by imposing his ground work.
          Last time I checked they dont RELY on it. Last couple of Anderson's finishes were with a knee to the body and a front kick to the face. These man dont NEED to box.

Comment

I wouldnt take anything Ken Shamrock says seriously that man has a glass brain as well as a glass jaw, and Arlovski has a glass brain too as well as a glass jaw.

And of course Penn is gonna say that have you seen him fight? The man totally disregards every facet of the game BUT boxing. And dont give me **** about he knows jujitsu. The only reason hes good in that is because of his natural flexibility. BJ Penn is basically strictly a boxer. And not a very good one anymore either if you look at the Diaz fight.
            All those dude are vets who beat some of the best... Yet their claims aren't worthy.

BJ was a beast and consistently put on shows, Arlovski was a beast and made the heavyweight division huge for the UFC, and Shamrock though glass chinned was a vet who was showing an opinion many respect and agree with.

Comment

All those dude are vets who beat some of the best... Yet their claims aren't worthy.

BJ was a beast and consistently put on shows, Arlovski was a beast and made the heavyweight division huge for the UFC, and Shamrock though glass chinned was a vet who was showing an opinion many respect and agree with.
              They were not current gen of MMA though. Those were the ones who helped start it out, the 'pioneers' of the sport if you will.

Lets see if you get somebody like Jon Jones, or Chris Wiedman to say something like that. Those guys are dedicated to their sport and your not gonna catch them out there saying anything like "boxing is harder and you need to be more gifted to do boxing".

Comment

Thats why they WOULDN'T start trading punches with a pro boxer they wrestle too for a reason. Look what happened to James Toney. I know he was washed up but I dont really see GSP being stupid enough to trade with an all out pro boxer in his weight class, he would take them down ASAP. And they WOULDNT be able to stop it unless GSP telegraphs his shot. They could however KO GSP with one punch thats the thing. But certain MMA fighters like him have good chins, and good takedown ability, that spells disaster for someone who only knows how to stand up and throw punches.

Last time I checked they dont RELY on it. Last couple of Anderson's finishes were with a knee to the body and a front kick to the face. These man dont NEED to box.
                Look at what happened to Toney? They ****ing photoshopped out his stomach on the UFC site pre fight.

Jame's was a prime 160lber not a Heavyweight. What an idiot you are. Saying he was washed up is beyond a joke.

GSP could get KTFO by a pro boxer with one punch. He walks around at 200lbs and any good 200 lbs pro boxer could KO any man with one shot.

Comment

I thought you watch the fights?
                  Silva won, by fainting 3 of Sonnens punchs, countered him (which put him on the ground) and then kneed him while standing. The Griffin fight was all Boxing. The Mia fight wa all boxing. Belfort was all boxing outside of the kick to stop a take down. The Sonnen fight was a failed attempt at boxing, which he had to pulp a triangle choke out his @$$.

Dos Santos has not gone to the ground in the UFC outside of his lose, in which he boxed his opponents heads off. Example Cain 1, Nelson, Struve, and rioded Wrestler Mir.

GSP, I will give it to you switchs things up but if it was not for his extensive late boxing lessons you would not have seen exciting fights like Diaz (which he out boxed and wrestled Diaz), Kotschik which he broke his orbital socket thanks to the jab he attributes to Freddie Roach.

Comment

They were not current gen of MMA though. Those were the ones who helped start it out, the 'pioneers' of the sport if you will.

Lets see if you get somebody like Jon Jones, or Chris Wiedman to say something like that. Those guys are dedicated to their sport and your not gonna catch them out there saying anything like "boxing is harder and you need to be more gifted to do boxing".
                    http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...2826&cat=boxer

Anderson Silva is the top P4P. He lost in Boxing and his record is 1-1.

Indeed you need immense skill to box.

Comment

Ofcourse they won't. They want to sell their sport but pioneers (the ones who made the sport) are going to critique the future Gen better than anyone else.

Jon Jons is a weight class away from getting KO'ed. Weidman is about to be outclassed. Outside of the big stars, their Rankings are pathetic and management is a dirty as Don Kings A$$

Comment

Working...
                      X